Imperial College London
The Dyson School of Design Engineering is the 10th and newest engineering department at Imperial College London. The School brings together traditional engineering disciplines with areas such as behavioural science, design thinking, ethics, and business model innovation, to foster creativity and rigour in a single engineering discipline. The School is unique in its delivery of joint degrees with the Royal College of Art.
We are seeking to appoint a new role of Personal Assistant / Administrator in our dynamic Department to provide pro-active secretarial and administrative support to the Head of Department (HoD) and Department Operations Manager (DOM) across the full range of activities. You will ensure smooth and professional running of the office. You will access and manage confidential and sensitive information and will be required to ensure that its distribution is aligned with current legislation and College policies. You will be tactful and diplomatic in your approach and able to deal with confidential matters with complete discretion. Additionally, the role will involve planning and organising regular School and Senior Leadership meetings and of major HR exercises. You will assure that all deadlines are met.
This role requires a highly competent individual with a diverse set of skills. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be professional and welcoming in their approach. This role requires a proven record of liaising with stakeholders at various levels ideally in education sector. Being highly organised with a methodical attitude to responsibilities and excellent attention to details are essential to succeed. Apply if you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and being part of an ambitious team.
Duties and responsibilities
· Management and distribution of HoD’s communication
· Collaboration and communication with key stakeholder
· Planning and organising meetings and events
· Management of School and HoD calendars
· Management and administration of major HR processes
· Educated to degree level or with equivalent professional experience
Experience & Knowledge
· Demonstrable experience of working at a similar level, desirably in a sector of
· Experience of prioritising and managing a high volume of work to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
· Demonstrable experience in forging effective working relationships, using diplomacy
and networking with colleagues at a senior level
· Excellent IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access, Outlook and Teams; electronic financial systems
· Experience of data management and formatting to provide management with
relevant information and reports
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to undertake
effective report writing, drafting of correspondence and minute taking.
· The ability to communicate confidently and effectively with senior members of the
College and external contacts from industry and other organisations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of professionalism with a pro-active
· Tactful and diplomatic in their approach and able to deal with confidential and/or
sensitive matters with complete discretion.
· Ability to develop good working relationships with all stakeholders
· Excellent planning and executing skills
· Methodical approach to responsibilities with attention to details
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet all deadlines
· Ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to prioritise workflow independently and show initiative
· The willingness and ability to learn new skills required for the administrative system
and to apply them in the work environment.
This a hybrid role which can be performed through a combination of working at a College location and remote working. Hybrid working means that individuals are normally expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite and to attend all in person meetings.
Please apply on our website at the following link: Imperial Career’s site (select “Job Search”) uploading any relevant supporting documents and a cover letter and a full CV. Job reference number: ENG02630
For more information about the post and further information on the recruitment process, please contact: Monika Delczyk, [email protected].
All candidates will be contacted after the shortlisting is completed.
Applications Closing Date: 19th June 2023
Interview date: July, TBC
Interview format: in person
Start date: to be agreed with a successful candidate.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.