We are excited to be recruiting a talented Philanthropy Initiatives Manager who will prospect and develop new global fundraising opportunities for our National Affiliates and International Fundraising Groups. In this newly created, multi-faceted role, you will work in close collaboration with colleagues across the global Mary’s Meals family and across multiple philanthropic work streams, to develop and execute our philanthropy growth strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Growth Initiatives, you will identify, prioritise, and pursue opportunities to build new strategic partnerships and opportunities to generate support and new audiences for Mary’s Meals globally.
Other key responsibilities:
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships to support the long-term financial sustainability and growth of our movement, including corporates, grant funders and influential networks in our programme delivery countries and beyond.
- Develop high-quality proposals for major donors, to inspire new and existing supporters.
- Work in close collaboration with other MMI departments to ensure new supporter proposals are developed in line with organisational priorities and growth.
- Prospect and develop initial communications with corporates and grant funders, with the intent of transitioning relationships over to key stakeholders in the global MM family.
- Ensure good stewardship of major donors.
- Identify and assess funding opportunities in countries where there are no National Affiliates in place and oversee the transition of compelling funding opportunities to the appropriate National Affiliates.
With experience in philanthropic fundraising; trusts and foundations, legacy, major donors, or corporate; you will possess exceptional written and communication skills and the ability to influence effectively at all levels. You will bring solid experience of preparing funding proposals and working collaboratively across a complex organisation to achieve deadlines and support growth. Working with our National Affiliate partners, you will have the capacity to develop and communicate strategy effectively and coach colleagues in donor engagement and management. You will role model our values and leadership behaviours and will be a passionate advocate for our work.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work life balance, we also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
This is a fantastic role where your daily work has real impact. If you are looking for more from your role and our mission, vision and values resonate with you, then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Philanthropy Initiatives Manager – Remote – Mary’s Meals International (workable.com)