University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The appointed PA will develop to become a key member of the Gynae/oncology MDT with the expectation they will support in-patient care, administrative processes, out-patient clinics, and procedures.
By building on existing knowledge and skills as well as on the job training the post holder will contribute to the provision of high quality, patient centred care whilst advancing their own clinical skills.
The physician associate will play a key role in the management of patients, support effective and efficient functioning of the service, and contribute to wider service developments.
The post holder will be accountable for ensuring that high quality patient care is always delivered, assessing and examining patients as determined by the consultant, ordering appropriate investigations, interpret investigation findings, form a list of differential diagnoses, and recommend treatment accordingly exercising a high level of professional judgement and expertise when delivering care.
The physician associate will be supervised by a designated consultant with regular meetings to support ongoing development within the role.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Specialist knowledge across a range of medical conditions, procedures, and practices, underpinned by theoretical knowledge or relevant practical experiences
- Ability to organise self and others.
- Ability to exercise sound judgements when faced with conflicting pressures
- Fully understands the context in which complex problems arise and can co-ordinate multi-disciplinary unit wide interventions.
- Highly developed physical skills, dexterity and hand eye co-ordination required for undertaking medical procedures
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.