Policy Team Coordinator – Strategy, Advocacy and Communications
Location: UK flexible with weekly travel to London
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £22,781 – £25,672 plus London Weighting of £3,344 if applicable
The Policy, Research and Advocacy team drives forward change in policy and practice to improve the lives people across the UK. We contribute to British Red Cross’s mission to help vulnerable people in the UK and abroad prepare for, withstand and recover from emergencies by engaging with decision makers across government to find and implement practical solutions.
About the role……
The co-ordinator role will support the British Red Cross policy team to deliver our advocacy priorities. The position offers strong opportunities for career development in policy and advocacy and for gaining experience in the fields of refugees and asylum, health care, and disaster preparedness. The role also has the opportunity to work directly on the delivery of policy projects working with and guided by senior team members. The role also includes working directly with the Director of the Policy, Research and Advocacy Department to provide diary management support for 20% of the post-holder’s capacity.
You will be……
- Undertaking daily monitoring across the UK for relevant developments on UK Health Inequalities, Emergency Resilience, and Asylum particularly from government agencies and departments such as NHSE, the DHSC, the Cabinet Office, Environment Agency and Home Office. Reporting internally on issues relevant to the interests of the British Red Cross, including parliamentary debates, news media, research and publications and events.
- Supporting the team to brief senior staff effectively for meetings with civil servants and ministers, attending and contributing to meetings as required.
- Playing a central role in the coordination and delivery, of policy and advocacy events including policy roundtables, panel discussions, conferences and focus group meetings. Maintain close working links with teams responsible for content design and events management.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 hours on Tuesday 28th March 2023 with interviews to be expected to be held shortly afterwards.
Please note that early application is encouraged, as we’ll be reviewing applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert in advance of the advertised closing date.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting vacancy ID 7196
A full person specification and job description is available as a download in the “Role Profile / Job Description” link.
Need help completing your application or supporting statement? Please read our useful “Candidate Application Guidance” document in the “Additional Information” link.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits; these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) – per annum
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Genuine investment in your development
How to apply