17 Nov 2023
- Institut Curie
- Research Field
- Computer science
- Researcher Profile
- Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
- 31 Dec 2023 – 23:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- To be defined
- Job Status
- Hours Per Week
- To be defined
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Postdoctoral Position – Institut Curie Paris
The Genomics and Development of Childhood Cancers lab (https://institut-curie.org/team/saulnier ), headed by Olivier Saulnier is looking for one postdoctoral position researcher in bioinformatics.
The team focuses on using cutting-edge high-throughput genomic approaches and genome-wide data analyses to study the spatio-temporal origins of pediatric brain tumors. In addition, we investigate the transcriptional and post-transcriptional programs of the normal development that are hijacked by cancer cells in order to exploit these vulnerabilities as new therapeutic strategies.
Our research program utilizes computational methods and high-throughput single cell data to better understand these complex diseases.
Training and Skills:
– Training: Applicant should hold, or be in the process of completing, a PhD degree in bioinformatics or related areas
– Scientific skills: should have solid computational skills, and a strong interest in cancer biology, genomics and/or developmental biology
– Professional experience desirable: experience with single-cell omics
– Language skills: very good English level and communication skills.
– Ability to work independently, to communicate and to work in a team
– The candidate should be highly motivated, curious, and enthusiastic to work in a collaborative team.
Our team is located in the heart of Paris at Institut Curie, one of the world’s leading institutions in cancer research. It represents an excellent and international environment with interdisciplinary expertise and high-quality technological platforms.
Contract: full time, 1 year (renewable)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: According to the current grids
Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation (up to 70%), supplementary health insurance
Please send a CV with a list of publications, a motivation letter including past research and career goals, and contact information of at least two references to [email protected] .
Applications will be reviewed as received.
1/ Hendrikse*, Haldipur*, Saulnier*, et al., Failure of human rhombic lip differentiation underlies medulloblastoma formation. Nature. 2022
2/ Vibert*, Saulnier*, et al., Oncogenic chimeric transcription factors drive tumor-specific transcription, processing, and translation of silent genomic regions. Molecular Cell. 2022
3/ Saulnier*, Guedri-Idjouadiene*, et al., ERG transcription factors have a splicing regulatory function involving RBFOX2 that is altered in the EWS-FLI1 oncogenic fusion. Nucleic Acids Research 2021
- Number of offers available
- Institut Curie
Where to apply
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.