King's College London
Job id: 067385. Salary: £41,386 to £48,414 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 16 May 2023. Closing date: 09 July 2023.
Business unit: Natural, Mathematical & Engineering Sci. Department: Informatics.
Contact details:Hubie Chen. [email protected]
Location: Strand Campus. Category: Research.
The department of Informatics is looking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Theoretical Computer Science.
The successful candidate will be hosted by Hubie Chen and will work on the computational complexity of database query evaluation and related topics.
The position, which is funded by a grant from UK’s EPSRC, is offered for 2 years. Research interest and experience in the following areas will be valued: logic in computer science, database theory, finite model theory, structural decomposition methods, and parameterized complexity theory.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 2 years
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
- To independently undertake research in the relevant discipline area using the appropriate methods and/or techniques.
- To produce research reports and/or publications for
- dissemination to the wider academic community.
- To collaborate with research colleagues and support staff internally as appropriate to the research and role
- To provide guidance and support to any students associated with the project.
- To attend, contribute, and where necessary lead relevant meetings.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Research experience
- Experience writing academic articles
1. Experience conducting theoretical research
2. Experience disseminating research
3. PhD in computer science, math, or equivalent experience
1. Experience in logic/database theory
2. Knowledge of computational complexity
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.