Adoc Talent Management
Are you a dedicated researcher with a passion for cutting-edge projects at the intersection of machine learning and gas dynamics?
Join the SMARTSENS project, backed by the Service Public de Wallonie Win2Wal initiative. They are focused on pioneering micro-sensors that have the capability to revolutionize gas concentration monitoring in diverse environments, from industrial settings to storage facilities. This exciting initiative is a collaboration between the Haute Ecole Louvain en Hainaut’s CeREF research centre, the University of Namur, and the innovative Belgian start-up, VocSENS, an industry leader in remote gas sensing solutions and data acquisition.
The SMARTSENS project exploits CeREF’s expertise in edge computing and that of the University of Namur in machine learning capabilities. The approach focuses on the local use of models with strict consumption restrictions, making it a unique and impactful opportunity for researchers in the field.
As a postdoctoral researcher, you will join a collaborative research project already ongoing between an academic lab, a research centre and a company to develop and optimize innovative ML models for gas concentration prediction. The project aims to enhance the efficiency of cost-effective hardware and incorporate the fundamental principles of gas dynamics into the machine learning models.
The researcher will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing advanced machine learning algorithms for precise gas concentration prediction.
- Optimizing machine learning models to run efficiently on low-resource hardware.
- Integrating the fundamental physical laws governing gas dynamics into cutting-edge machine learning models.
- Working closely with experts in the field to incorporate their knowledge into the development of the models.
- Evaluating machine learning models rigorously for accuracy and performance.
- Disseminating groundbreaking research findings through publications in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
Your Profile & Qualifications:
- PhD in Machine Learning or a related field.
- A first experience as a postdoc would be appreciated, but it is not mandatory. We are looking for candidates who can quickly blend into a new project and who are eager to learn and collaborate.
- Machine learning
- Mathematical modelling
- Ability to collaborate with diverse domain experts
- Quick to get to grips with autonomy
- Exceptional research and analytical skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work effectively with domain experts.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in English (both spoken and written) is mandatory, with knowledge of French and/or Dutch considered a plus.
NICE TO HAVE
- Deep learning
- Sensor data processing
- Domain knowledge in gas dynamics
- Ability to work with cost-effective hardware
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of groundbreaking research projects.
- Collaborate with renowned experts in the fields of machine learning and gas dynamics.
- Publish your research findings in top-tier, peer-reviewed journals, and conferences.
The HuMaLearn team aims to create an enjoyable working environment where everyone can blossom. Collaborations between team members are encouraged and new ideas are welcome, so as to let everyone grow with their own strengths.
If you are ready to be part of a dynamic and promising project and to start at the beginning of 2024 (January), and if you are eager to make a rapid impact by contributing to the SMARTSENS project, please send your application, including your CV, a cover letter, and your salary expectations, to Adoc Talent Management.
Don’t miss the chance to be a part of this exciting journey!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.