University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
We are looking for a tropical plant ecophysiologist to be part of the project team for a new drought experiment being installed in the southern Amazon. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading data collection and analysis and also for training postgraduate students based in partner institutes in Brazil. The successful candidate will be expected to spend prolonged periods of time in Mato Grosso, Brazil.
Your main duties will include:
- Lead collection and analysis of plant ecophysiological data (e.g. leaf photosynthesis, stem respiration, hydraulic conductivity, leaf water potential) to better understand the response of southern Amazon forests to drought.
- Oversee installation of field equipment for continuous monitoring of drought impacts on plant water status and fluxes (e.g. sap flux sensors, psychrometers).
- Lead field campaigns in southern Amazonia to collect relevant plant functional trait data (e.g. xylem vulnerability curves, photosynthesis-temperature response curves) in control and experimental plots.
- Train and co-supervise postgraduate students based at partner institutes in Brazil, both in field data collection and in data analysis.
- Lead manuscripts on the short-term impacts of drought on the physiology of tropical trees.
- Contributing to the training of both undergraduate and postgraduate students, including assisting with the supervision of projects in areas relevant to the project.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Prof. David Galbraith
Email: [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Environment
School/Institute: School of Geography
£37,099 to £44,263
Working Time: 100% – We will consider job share/flexible working arrangements.
Contract Type: Fixed Term (until 28 February 2024, due to external funding)
Release Date: Thursday 07 September 2023
Closing Date: Thursday 14 September 2023
Downloads: Candidate Brief
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.