Warner Bros. Discovery
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Every great story has a new beginning.
We’re excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. We’re a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. Our mission is simple. To be the world’s best storytellers with world-class products for consumers.
From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Discovery’s DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from content catalog, and video transcoding, to search and personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering unique and quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery’s continued growth, building world-class streaming products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like Max, HBOMax, Discovery+, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
We are looking for a passionate Principal Engineering to help architect and scale the global data platform systems and services for our new global streaming app, Max, as well as any streaming and non-streaming initiatives within the company. This role is truly exceptional, as you will own the technical aspect of comprehensive, worldwide, multi-tenant, multi-cloud data platform. This encompasses everything from designing a cloud infrastructure, data and analytics tools and frameworks, data collection and processing technologies, ensuring security, upholding governance, maintaining data quality, and enabling data access for all. As most senior technical member in team, you will champion innovation through prototyping, development, experimentation, and seamless integration into production. You will strike the perfect balance between swiftly iterating on features and constructing a cohesive array of platforms and tools, which will empower us to navigate swiftly and decisively into the future.
• Own the end-to-end architecture of the data platform, ensuring its efficiency, cost-effectiveness, security, and governance.
• Collaborate closely with other engineers to design and build an optimal and cost-efficient platform solution.
• Work in partnership with other engineers and managers to design and develop foundational elements of the platform. Create tools and frameworks that enhance data processing, information retrieval, governance, and data quality in a cost-effective and user-friendly manner.
• Develop platform tools and frameworks to the same standard as seen in open-source projects. Engage closely with the engineering community and open-source them upon reaching maturity.
• Implement cutting-edge AI/ML techniques, including Generative AI, to boost the efficiency of the platform and data engineering processes.
• Take on the responsibility for the platform’s 24×7 support availability and oversee budgetary concerns, including cloud expenditure.
• Promote a culture of experimentation and data-driven innovation. Inspire and motivate through internal and external presentations and other speaking opportunities.
• Assist in hiring, mentoring, and coaching engineers. Help build an engineering team that prioritizes empathy, diversity, and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Similar discipline.
• 12+ years of commendable track record of delivering complex software engineering systems and platforms.
• 12+ years of programming experience using Java/C/C++ or similar languages
• 8+ years of experience in wide variety of distributed systems and frameworks – such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Druid, Snowflake and more.
• 8+ years of building and maintaining Tier-1 (require 24*7 uptime and strict SLA) data driven applications.
• 5+ years of Cloud (AWS preferred) experience.
• Experience in building AI/ML driven platform is a huge plus
• Experience in Analytics Tools and Frameworks (such as Looker, Tableau or similar) or building native web and mobile application (ReactiveJS or similar ) is a huge plus.
• Priority will be given to those with prior open-source contributions.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $175,700.00 – $326,300.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.