Queen's University Belfast
Queen’s Business School is seeking to further strengthen its academic reputation by appointing a Professor of Digital Marketing and Systems to provide research leadership in line with the School’s research strategy, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and to contribute to the School’s administration and external engagement activities. This is an important position within the Department of International Business, Entrepreneurship, & Marketing in Queen’s Business School. At a time of growth, the successful candidate has the potential to shape and strengthen the future direction of the Department from both a research and teaching perspective, including enhancing the opportunities for PhD study. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at national/international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publication and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders. The appointed candidate will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for excellence and societal impact.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- a PhD in Marketing or Information Systems or cognate fields.
- recognised excellence and reputation in the Marketing and Information Systems areas.
- a sustained journal publication record of international excellence in the Marketing and Information Systems areas.
- experience of teaching and assessment in Marketing and Information Systems at university level.
- ability to contribute to successful, sustained postgraduate student supervision as primary supervisor, normally at PhD level.
- experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level (e.g., Associate Dean, Director of Research, Head of Department).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity ; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Simon Teasdale (S.Teasdale @qub.ac.uk ) or Dr Hilary Downey ([email protected] ).
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Information for International Applicants
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.