University of Salford
Join us, as a Professor of Information Systems Management at The University of Salford
Salford Business School is at the forefront of exploring the interface between research and the application of knowledge within organisations. Through knowledge exchange, our teaching, research and civic engagement make a real impact across business, public services and our community.
Salford Business School was one of the first UK Business Schools to receive the Small Business Charter and the first to gain a Social Enterprise Gold Mark. The School is currently delivering an ambitious innovation strategy with the objective of delivering genuine impact for our partners and significantly increases our research power.
Salford Business School is inviting a Chair of Information Systems Management who shares the scale of our ambition and scope of our perspectives.
The appointee will take a leading role across the School in the continuing development of Information Systems as a key subject area of our research and engagement.
You’ll take a lead on bidding and projects associated with Information Systems Management across the institution, and will act as a conduit for creating knowledge exchange with a range of different stakeholders ranging from existing students to national policymakers. This knowledge exchange may be delivered through a range of activities but will include high quality publications suitable for the Research Excellence Framework.
You’ll work confidently in a range of situations, identify synergies in a range of disciplines and communicate your domain knowledge clearly to a diverse range of audiences, including engaging with public media outlets as a confident expert commentator.
Please take a look at our candidate pack, here! https://shorturl.at/knYZ8
To be successful for this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Evidenced record of publishing in Information Systems research
- Evidenced record of bidding success in Information Systems research
- Track records of generating impact
- Proven track record of working successfully with different stakeholders
- Confident expert communication skills suitable for a range of diverse audiences
Please apply for this position using the apply button below, ensuring you attach the following:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter detailing how you meet the essential criteria of the role, and insight around your research objectives for the next 3 years
For an informal conversation please contact [email protected] to set up a time to speak to the Dean, Professor Janice Allan.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary– and excellent pension scheme
- Our community– there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- Sustainable Salford – We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces.
- Our MediaCity campus is at the heart of one of the country’s leading digital and media hubs.
However you identify, whatever your journey has been, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.