Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have a Postgraduate from a recognized university/ college in International Development, Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian / Programme Management, or any other area that can bring added value to the job?
Do you have Relevant programme management experience of at least 10 years, preferably in an international NGO/operational UN agency/equivalent, out of which at least 7 years should be senior leadership/managerial experience?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
Oxfam GB is looking for a Programme Director who is responsible for the development, design, and management/monitoring of the country’s programmes and for ensuring the Oxfam in Ethiopia programme responds to current development trends related to the country.
Ensure the proper implantation of programme strategies and plans maintaining the coordination, linkages, and synergies within and between the long-term development and humanitarian programmes as well as contributing to linking these programmes with influencing and ensuring programme quality.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned with our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be/have:
- A minimum of seven years of experience in the field leading development and humanitarian programmes in one or more challenging contexts in developing countries.
- Good understanding of development issues in general with significant knowledge and experience in one of the fields of (a) sustainable livelihoods and resilience, b) gender and development
- Good managerial skills to coordinate the Ethiopia program team to deliver on the Oxfam Country Director objectives.
- Ability to coach on the building of strong, credible relationships with international and local NGOs, government associations, business leaders and communities
- Proven analytical and conceptual thinking, high-level research, project management knowledge and skills and experience using participatory tools and methodologies for assessment, programme identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of development programs, humanitarian response and advocacy and campaigning.
- Experience in managing and developing others, including direct line management
- Experience in leading and managing conflict resolution
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of people, both internally and externally at very senior levels (OI, Executing Affiliate, and other senior organizational leaders) with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
Politically astute, with a good understanding of key external organisations, how they operate and make decisions, and the country’s development context.
Previous experience in Ethiopia or East Africa and knowledge of the regional dynamics
Experience in complex and insecure environments working in a humanitarian context with diverse teams.
- Familiarity with Oxfam’s priorities and development and humanitarian programme work is an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, a generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam, we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the-job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work full-time however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at the interview stage.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.