The Coal Authority
Do you want to be part of a growing programme to prevent and reverse environmental
impacts from historic mining operations?
Can you help us deliver exciting new renewable energy projects from mine water heat as
well as projects helping us move towards our net zero target?
Do you want the opportunity to progress in a friendly motivated team delivering
exciting projects that protect the water environment across the UK?
If so read on…
- The skills, to effectively lead and manage a team of professionals to deliver a £17m+
programme of work
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors through the NEC suite of contracts
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload & multiple projects
- Excellent budget, programme & risk management skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work with other teams to deliver the programme
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification. If your experience
looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the
role, we’d love to learn more about you!
About The Role
- Leading a team of professionals undertaking daily line management and a senior project role
and technical reviewer role
- Providing support and assistance to the Principal Project Manager in the overall management
of the Projects Team, stakeholder management and commercial growth
- Leading and managing the Coal Programme and budget through programme / financial management
- Managing the internal relationships with key stakeholders such as the technical, property,
SHE & operations teams with regards to project delivery
- Developing and coaching project manager and assistant project manager roles
Role location: Mansfield
For more information about the role please refer to the job
description available on our website.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme – our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal
preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6
days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
Working with us:
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually
possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed
hours. Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with. We’re united in our
passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to
keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds. Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable
source of renewable energy for the UK. By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope
to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values. We are
inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for
the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities. We are proud to be an
inclusive employer. We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive
community. We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities,
cultures and beliefs. Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to
our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed
interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a
minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get
in touch with us by contacting the team by email at [email protected] or by phone on 01623
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.