The Country Trust
Programme Manager Farm in a Box / Soil Campaign
- Job Location: Hybrid, within easy reach of Chelmsford
- Hours: 4 or 5 days (28-35 hours)
- Remuneration: £35-£38,000 FTE
- Contract: Permanent subject to a 6-month probationary review
- Reporting To: (At the current time) CEO
- People Management Responsibilities: Indirect: Cross-organisational project team, external
delivery partners, volunteers
We need a skilled and versatile Farm in a Box / Soil Campaign Programme Manager to pick up the
reins very quickly from our current Project Manager to continue to engage children in the most
disadvantaged areas of the UK with these inspiring and impactful programmes. Your initial focus
will be on the successful delivery of the Discover Warburtons Wheat Farm in a Box in June 2023,
the collective ‘digging up’ moment including a Live Event for our Soil Campaign in July 2023
and planning our autumn programme.
- You will be responsible for successfully planning and managing the implementation of the
Farm in a Box programme, and the Soil Campaign to time, budget and expected quality, reach and
- You will be responsible for managing programme operations and helping to shape the
strategic direction of the Programmes.
- You will lead a delivery team to successfully deliver the programmes. Currently this is a
cross-organisational project team (no direct reports), external delivery partners and
- You will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to the development of the
organisation’s vision and business plans, and supporting income generation.
Below are some of the essential skills and experience required for this
- Project or programme management.
- A good understanding of the communities we serve.
- An understanding of what it means to be child-centred and the potential that can be
unlocked by empowering children to be curious, building their confidence and developing
- Understanding of, and knowledge of how to manage risk.
- Demonstrable interest in food, farming and the countryside.
- Programme leadership of a multi-disciplinary programme/project
- Knowledge of programme and project management principles.
- Exceptional leadership and organisational skills.
- A flair for programme design.
- Proficient with IT, data, system testing, and information management.
- Able to reflect and improve thinking, brave enough to change course if something could or
should be done better.
- A head for budgets, cost/benefit thinking and assessing costs at scale.
- Natural collaborator and co-creator.
- Driving licence and access to a car for business use.
- Broadband access of sufficient quality for cloud-based working and video calls.
Please read the job description for more information about this role.
Enquiries: [email protected]
Closing date: Midnight, 28th March
Interview: 5th April
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.