The Rivers Trust
The Rivers Trust is a leading environmental charity and the umbrella body of The Rivers
Trust movement, comprising over 60 independent local charities. Our vision is for wild,
healthy, natural rivers, valued by all. We are at a critical point in our history as we expand
to deliver projects to protect and replenish this critical part of the natural environment, and
our research and expertise is now needed more urgently than ever as water supply and quality
move up the public agenda.
We are looking to recruit both project officer and project manager level
positions within the RT project management team. We are looking for dynamic
individuals with drive, determination, and experience of projects with multiple funding and
partner structures. You should have excellent people and project management skills, be able to
work effectively as part of a team, but also have the ability to work independently and lead on
Our project management office is in its third year of development, you will have the
opportunity to both manage and support delivery of environmental projects as well as to help
shape key project systems and best practice across the Rivers Trust movement.
We welcome applications from people from all groups and communities. These are full-time
home-based roles with scope to work flexible hours, and you could be based anywhere in the
country. We are also happy to receive applications for part-time work and secondments – please
state this in any application. We provide IT equipment and you will be paid expenses for
travel, as you will be expected to attend occasional team meetings and project meetings as
required, dependent on project locations.
The salary for the jobs are: ~£27-34k per year (depending on skills and experience).
- Establishing and leading on project management for projects across themes including land
management, plastic pollution, and nature-based solutions (this could also be project
management experience from other sectors.)
- Reporting to multiple funding bodies using different reporting systems and processes.
- Delivering complex projects from initiation to closure stages.
- Managing multi-sector stakeholder relationships to achieve partnership and project
- Managing risks, budgets, milestone plans.
- Supporting other colleagues on the team in the delivery of projects
To apply, please send your CV or apply via LinkedIn and show in a covering letter how you meet
the following criteria:
- Reporting to a range of funders on project progress, deliverables, risks and other key
- Developing and maintaining core project management deliverables: project plans, reporting,
- Budget management.
- Managing and maintaining significant and varied stakeholder relationships.
- Team working.
- Ability and flexibility to work across different projects as required
Desirables but not essential, only include these if you have them.
- An understanding of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and how to incorporate it into
- Experience of framework management.
- Project management training.
- Experience of EU funded projects.
- Experience of working with corporate partners.
We have tried to anticipate everything we need for these jobs, but we realise that person
specifications can’t always include everything – if you believe you could be a real asset to
us, we’d encourage you to apply, or check anything you’re unsure about using the details
If you have any questions which aren’t answered on our website or on the Recruitment FAQ,
please contact Jessie Leach – please don’t
use this email address to apply as we can only accept applications made through this system.
Closing date: Monday 18th December 2023
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.