Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
In March 2022, Oxfam launched its response to the influx of refugees and other people forced to flee from Ukraine in Romania, Moldova and Poland. A Programme Management Unit (PMU) has been established to provide leadership, oversee, support and provide technical assistance to the response in the affected countries.
The PMU will be led by an Operational Lead and includes dedicated advocacy and influencing capacity; business support functions, and a programme quality team with technical support on gender in emergencies, protection, cash and voucher programming, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL), and safeguarding.
Poland / Romania / Moldova Programmes.
Oxfam is supporting a partner-led humanitarian response for the assistance and protection of refugees and other vulnerable people from Ukraine and the communities, organisations and authorities that are hosting and supporting them in neighbouring countries. The response is strongly driven by the protection needs of refugees and the need for national organisations and authorities to be supporting in scaling up for the refugee response, delivering quality protection support, as well as advocacy for the rights and protection of all refugees and people on the move needing protection.
Location: Ukraine , Kiev .
Job Type: Fixed Term, 6 months
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies:
- University degree in a relevant discipline law, political science, social science, psychology, or any other relevant educational profile.
- Good understanding of protection issues in displacement, human rights, and international humanitarian law.
- Familiarity with community-based protection approach and experience of community mobilisation activities
- Able to build strong networks with communities, local civil society and local authorities and experience of building knowledge and capacity of these groups on protection issues
- Previous experience in gender and protection mainstreaming in project management and related tasks.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating Protection trainings
- Experience in undertaking monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning in protection program implementation.
- Proven experience as a team player and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding flexibly, with speed and accurately to queries and issues
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.