AWE is excited to recruit an Operations Manager – Radioactive Waste.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an
attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application
if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will be required to:
- Manage the Operations associated with the Radioactive Waste Service whilst maintaining
compliance with the Nuclear Site Licence, Environment Agency Licensing and Exemptions and other
Regulatory Specifications and Improvement Conditions as specified.
- Ensure compliant waste disposal options are available for Radioactive wastes on the AWE
- Interaction between AWE waste generators and external treatment and disposal service
- Interactions between AWE, the DNO (Defence Nuclear Organisation) & NWS (Nuclear Waste
Services) to ensure the effective removal of Radioactive Waste.
- Maintain an awareness of Radioactive Waste Management matters both on the AWE site and
nationally with a view to enhancing the Company’s business.
- Ensure the Radioactive Waste processes remain valid and undertake appropriate periodic
- Maintain Emergency Response Arrangements in line with Company, ONR and EA requirements.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills:
- Experience in Radioactive Waste Management, Facility/Project Management, People Management,
Management of Contractors, Safety Management/Managing Safety, Service Management Delivery, Nuclear Industry.
- Ability to obtain formal appointment to LC12 Duly Authorised Person role for Radioactive
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal & written communication & leadership skills,
project management, good information technology skills.
- A good standard of basic education.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional body (SRP) is desirable.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.