King's College London
Job id: 074026. Salary: £32,179 to £35,596 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 01 September 2023. Closing date: 15 September 2023.
Business unit: Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care. Department: Palliative Care, Policy & Rehabilitation.
Contact details:Matthew Maddocks. [email protected]
Location: Denmark Hill Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
The Cicely Saunders Institute of Palliative Care, Policy and Rehabilitation is unique collaboration of palliative care and rehabilitation teams comprising academics, healthcare and social care practitioners, community organisations, patients and carers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to work with Professor Matthew Maddocks and his research team in the field of integrating palliative care and rehabilitation. Candidates should be highly motivated individuals with excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and with interest or experience of supporting health and care research. We are keen to hear from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experience.
1) The post-holder will primarily provide administration support to the INSPIRE Study Team. The INSPIRE study includes a multi-national randomised controlled trial investigating a rehabilitation service for people with incurable cancer (https://palliativeprojects.eu/inspire). The role includes liaison and communication with study partners across five European Countries, monitoring project tasks and milestones, meeting coordination and administration, diary management, booking travel/accommodation, processing purchase orders and expenses, and formatting and proofing reports and papers for publication.
2) The post-holder will undertake administrative duties for Professors Maddocks and Fraser, including managing diaries, booking travel/accommodation, processing purchase orders and expenses, preparing agendas and minutes, publication support, finance and budgeting support, and arrange events, meetings and calendars.
3) The post-holder will support the planning, set up and delivery of Professor Maddocks’ and Fraser’s other projects. They will support the dissemination of outputs by preparing written reports, publications and presentations for a variety of audiences, and help to promote and establish projects of national and international repute in standing with the calibre of King’s College London and the Cicely Saunders Institute.
4) The post-holder will support general departmental activities. They will work with project leads, senior administrators and project staff, including project managers, academics and research staff/students.
5) The post-holder will have the opportunity to learn about research processes and research administration and develop their knowledge and skills in palliative care and rehabilitation research. It provides an opportunity for them to hone research administration skills and develop expertise.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract for 24 months
This is a full-time time post. We can consider applications for part-time and job share
- To support delivery of the INSPIRE Study
- To administrate and assist with the coordination and dissemination of research on projects relating to palliative care and rehabilitation within the required timeframe.
- To provide high level administrative support to the academic staff leading specified projects and Senior Administrative staff.
- Preparing, typing, formatting and proofing project reports, publications (including reference lists), correspondence, inputting data, presentations, podcasts, transcriptions, minutes, agendas, databases, and project meetings, and arranging meetings and calendars.
- Performing any other duties agreed with Senior Administrative staff and consistent with the grade of the post.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Administrative/secretarial qualification and experience.
- Experience dealing with academic reports and manuscripts, including referencing.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.