University of Wolverhampton
We are looking for a Research Associate in CO2 Capture System Design
You are expected to design, model, and perform experiments for carbon capture from diesel generator. Two aspects are of special interests (a) post combustion carbon capture (b) oxy combustion carbon capture. In addition, you will work on process modelling and simulation of different scenarios to capture the CO2 from diesel generator. Model validation will be done using experimental data from literature. After design and process modelling of the system, the best scenario will be selected, and las scale system will be constructed. Using the experimental data in the las scale experiments, more accurate model will be developed and validated. The next step of the study will be scale up of the system to a few numbers of real diesel generators that the capture of CO2 can be done completely. Finally, the capture system will be integrated to the carbon utilisation unit and the 2 systems will be compacted in the mobile form.
You will be expected to undertake the following:
- Design and comparison of post and oxy combustion systems
- Process modelling and simulation of carbon capture processes
- Cost analysis of the carbon capture systems
- Lab experiments suing the carbon capture unit.
- Scale up of the system.
- Integration of capture unit to utilisation unit
- Design of compact mobile capture and utilisation unit
- Involving in teaching and grant writing
- Involving in supervision of postgraduate students in chemical engineering
- A PhD degree in chemical engineering or a closely related field.
- Prior experience in process design, calculations, and process modelling and simulation using Aspen Plus software.
- Prior experience in using amine solvents to capture CO2 experimentally.
- Strong track record of publications in high impact scientific journals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to write professional reports.
The University of Opportunity for Students and Staff
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of our staff body reflects those of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who may not define themselves as disabled, but nevertheless encounter challenges)
PLEASE NOTE: Applications are scored against the criteria set out in the job description and person specifications attached to this advert. Applications are not assessed against the job advert so please ensure your applications are crafted against the Job Description and Person Specification contained within it.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.