You will assist in the development and implementation of research, campaigning and communication strategies inEastern Europe and Central Asia, including by monitoring developments; managing information and communications systems; drafting and assisting in the productions of documents; participating in the coordination of the work of the team and providing it with administrative and other support including in relation to field work and response to crisis.
You will be passionate about human rights, and have an understanding of human rights issues in the Region. You will have excellent inter-personal and communication skills, able to express ideas clearly to a range of audiences in English and Russian. You will have experience of establishing and maintaining office systems and coordinating an efficient flow of communications and information.
- Assist the Eastern Europe and Central Asia teams research, campaigns, communications, activities by gathering and managing human rights-related information, by liaising with national and local contacts, media monitoring, internet searches and filing in relevant databases.
- Assist with research, campaigns, communication activities through the production and distribution of public and internal campaigning materials, reports and other documents, as delegated or originated by research, campaigns and communications staff including drafting, formatting, editing/proof-reading, distribution of texts and, where appropriate, coordinating the translation of documents
- Monitor and maintain a broad overview of relevant political and human rights developments
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and manage administrative and communications systems and procedures, including setting up new systems where necessary in support of research, campaigning and growth activities; manage files, records and other information retrieval systems where necessary within the organization’s self-servicing guidelines; organize, draft agendas, coordinate and minute meetings,
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to draft and proof-read research, communication and campaign materials tailored to the appropriate audience
- Ability to gather and process human rights-related information/material
- Experience of establishing and maintaining office systems and coordinating an efficient flow of communications and information
- Experience of information management, including the creation and maintenance of electronic databases
- Full proficiency in English and Russian is essential
Please see the attached job description for a more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.**
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by [email protected]
How to apply