Imperial College London
Are you committed to supporting early career researchers? Do you have exceptional interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy working with individuals to motivate and inspire their career development? If so, this could be the perfect career opportunity for you.
The Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre provides a broad range of training and development opportunities to postdoctoral research staff and fellows at Imperial College London. We work with faculties, departments, and individual postdocs and fellows to ensure that our research staff are equipped with the skills and resources to contribute effectively to the College’s research agenda, and to make the most of their career at Imperial and beyond. Our provision includes a broad programme of skills training as well as assistance with job applications, mock interviews, and individual consultation.
Duties and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing individual support via 1:1’s and mock interviews
- Supporting the vibrant PFDC Reps Network
- Contributing to the Centre’s existing provision
- Working with the PFDC Consultants in designing, organising delivering and evaluating skills and career development activities for postdocs and fellows across the College
- To meet with postdocs and fellows individually to provide advice and guidance on a range of complex personal and professional issues.
- To help facilitate and contribute to department-specific and PFDC training sessions and events as required.
- To support the development of PFDC webpages and online resources.
- To support the PFDC team in any Research Culture-related project work
- To attend and participate in team meetings and periodical project meetings as required.
- To liaise with colleagues in administration and operations coordination to facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of PFDC services.
- To review the effectiveness of those activities for which the post holder is responsible and to provide written and verbal reports as required.
- You will possess experience of the higher education sector, preferably with an understanding of the issues faced by postdoctoral researchers and fellows working in STEMM disciplines.
- Having experience of providing 1:1 support and guidance is essential.
- You should be able to work with people to address professional issues and have proven experience of working as part of a busy, close knit team.
This position is full-time and will be offered on an open-ended contract. This role is based at Imperial’s South Kensington Campus.Hybrid working may be considered for this role. Staff working in roles that are suitable for hybrid working will normally be expected to work 60% of their time onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview. More information is available on the following web page: Work Location Categories (from 30 September 2023) vacanciesin.eu Administration and support services vacanciesin.eu Imperial College London
Please note that all applications must be completed on the official application form. CVs willnot be considered.
Informal enquiries can be made to Dr Ines Perpetuo (PFDC Consultant): [email protected] .
For technical issues when applying online please email [email protected] .
Interviews for this role will be held on Thursday 14th December.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.