King's College London
Job id: 077553. Salary: £28,448 to £31,381 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 02 November 2023. Closing date: 08 November 2023.
Business unit: Estates Trading. Department: Catering Services – General.
Contact details:Jaber Julfiker. 07557 564640 or [email protected]
Location: St Thomas and Guy’s Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
If you want to work in a friendly, fun environment where you are really valued for your contribution then we may have the job for you. Kings Food are looking to recruit a Retail Supervisor to work on our St Thomas and Guy’s campus. As a catering supervisor you will be involved in all aspects of the catering service including food preparation, food service, till operation and barista coffee making. You will be based at St Thomas and required to work across several restaurants and coffee shops in Guy’s campus. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To be responsible for the catering area under your control
- To liaise and support the management team where required
- Control the purchase of a range of food items
- Supervise on a day-to-day basis all staff under your control
- Control of daily cash and card payment takings
- Office administration
- To ensure that the service is delivered efficiently, within budget and to the required standard
- To ensure that all health and safety legislation is adhered to
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Control the purchase of a range of foodstuffs from an approved list of products and suppliers in accordance with departmental purchasing guidelines.
- Coordinate the receipt and storage of all deliveries in line with departmental guidelines
- Supervise on a day-to-day basis all appropriate staff under your control
- Play a role in the identification of training needs and advise any to your line manager
- Undertake the cashing up, banking and control of all cash and credit sales in line with cash handling and recording procedures.
- Plan staff work schedules in line with business needs, organise staff breaks and ensure all services are ready and open on time
- Advise your line manager of any issues with the general repair, cleanliness, or failure of equipment.
- Maintain a safe working environment, operate with all Health, Safety and Hygiene legislation, and ensure compliance with all COSHH and HACCAP procedures.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
To find out how our managers review your application, please take a look at our How we Recruit pages.
This role does not meet the requirements of the Home Office and therefore we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates who require the right to work in the UK.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.