Place: FRANCE – Lyon (60% on the fields)
Type of contract: 18 months
Starting date: asap
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
The network of eight national associations (Germany, Belgium, Canada, the United States, France, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom and Switzerland) works constantly to mobilize resources, to co-manage projects and to spread the principles and actions of the organization.
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of persons with disabilities.
HI Rehab staffs use research and innovation to ensure that our activities and advocacy take advantage of the most recent advances in technology and information. Since 2016, HI has been researching and testing the use of emerging technologies in ortho-prosthetic fitting, remote service provision and online training, particularly for low- and middle-income countries and complex situations. Based on our findings, we are working on improving access to rehabilitation services through an innovative service delivery model that combines the existing delivery setup in a given context with the use of digital technologies and 3D printing.
To carry out these objectives, the Rehabilitation Technical Division is looking for a proficient 3D printing ortho-prosthetist.
The general objective of the position is to support the HQ Specialist in the deployment of emergency prosthesis 3D manufacturing.
Based at HI’s headquarters in Lyon and attached to the Rehabilitation Technical Division (15 people) the 3D specialized P&O will be in the field about 60% of the time. The first program on which he/she will work will be Ukraine.
The main challenge of the position is to support the Rehab Specialist in modeling the digital transformation of tele-rehabilitation care / 3D printed Assistive Technology.
Based at HI’s headquarters in Lyon and attached to the Rehabilitation Technical Division (15 people) the
3D specialized P&O will be in the field about 60% of the time.
RESPONSIBILITIES / MISSIONS:
In this very exciting position you will provide:
Operational Support (60%, HQ and fields)
Alternatively in the field or at HQ for 4 to 6 week periods: you will provide operational support for field deployment in critical project phases: launch, training, support and quality control.
- Deployment of OrtenShape software in the field
- Deployment of the temporary and the 3D prosthesis fitting protocol
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Contribution to the 3D / rehab innovation communication activities in direct link with HI communication teams
Norms / KM support (40%, HQ)
You will contribute to the production of internal standard guides, to the capitalization of practices, to studies and research. You will develop a training package to enhance the staff’s skills.
The first program you will work on, during the 6 first months, is Ukraine. You will review the process and the methodological guide of the transition from temporary to definitive prosthesis (including standard project framework)
The countries considered for the following missions are Rwanda and Uganda as well as Afghanistan and Yemen.
- You hold both a P&O Bachelor of Science and a 3D or ICT diploma
- You have an experience in orthopaedic fitting in digital solutions applied to rehabilitation.
- You have at least 3 years of clinical and technical experience in orthoprosthesis prescription and design
- You are proficient in clinical management and building professional capacities
- You are proficient in standards and guides for rehab professions and services
- You master a professional software for digital design of orthopedic devices
- You have experience in data collection, management and tracking. You are familiar with the issues in terms of data management in the health sector and the solutions used
- You have good analytical, synthesis and writing skills in French and English.
- You are comfortable leading work groups and training sessions, either face-to-face or by video.
- You don’t mind changing places regularly and you know how to adapt to intercultural and challenging contexts.
- Experience in international solidarity or humanitarian action would be a real asset
- As you can imagine, the professional practice of French and English are essential.
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Type of contract : 18 months contract
- Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers for HQ working days / Perdiem for Field working days, Health insurance
- Working hours: 39 hours a week with 22.5 days of RTT (work time reduction) to be taken each year
- 5 weeks of annual leave
How to apply
Only by the following link:
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.