Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have deep understanding of safeguarding and safe programming, gender sensitivity, organizational values, policies, and feminist principles?
Do you have professional experience in capacity building and supporting (coaching, mentoring, oversight) partners on safeguarding?
Do you have experience or strong understanding of survivor- centered case management and investigations of safeguarding incidents?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
The role of the Safeguarding Specialist is to provide technical support and thought leadership on safeguarding across the entire Oxfam in Bangladesh country programme. The position needs to strengthen the organizational capacity of Oxfam and partners to prevent sexual exploitation, and abuse and harassment (SEAH), and will contribute to safe programming and a safe working environment across all Oxfam’s programmes and operations. The Safeguarding Specialist will lead the safeguarding planning and implementation in Oxfam Bangladesh to support significant capacity building and awareness raising internally and with partners. The immediate focus of Safeguarding Specialist will be on safeguarding planning and implementation with partners. This will primarily involve supporting partners and training Safeguarding Focal Points within partner organizations to adapt and meet Oxfam’s Safeguarding Core Standards. Additionally, this role work will include delivering safeguarding trainings, promoting safe programming, advocating and providing technical input for safeguarding within budgets and capacity building on safeguarding as needed, and support on safeguarding investigations, case management and reporting.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced and sincere individual with more than five years working experience in Safeguarding/HR/OD/People management background of development and humanitarian organization preferably in NGO/INGO and UN agencies. The person needs to have deep understanding of safeguarding and safe programming, gender sensitivity, organizational values, policies, and feminist principles. Professional experience in capacity building and supporting (coaching, mentoring, oversight) partners on safeguarding and demonstrated experience of adapting organization-specific safeguarding content including training, policy alignment, awareness raising, and communications are the key essential criteria. Moreover, the position holder will provide guidelines to staff and communities on how to report any suspicions of SEAH of children and vulnerable people via established internal reporting mechanisms and ensure all staff members understand and abide by the One Oxfam Policy on Protection from Sexual Exploitation Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding Policy.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
For this role, you will need to model Oxfam’s feminist leadership approach so we have selected the most relevant feminist leadership practices which we will use for assessment purposes (which you can read more about here):
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment
At interview, shortlisted candidates will also be assessed on our values and organisational attributes, as outlined above.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A university post-graduation degree in relevant field.
- More than five years working experience in Safeguarding/HR/OD/People management in development and humanitarian organization preferably in NGO/INGO and UN agencies.
- Ability to reflect and effect a gender and diversity sensitive human resources policy.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Able to function in high pressure situations while maintaining emotional control.
- Deep understanding of safeguarding and safe programming, gender sensitivity, organizational values, policies, and feminist principles
- Professional experience in capacity building and supporting (coaching, mentoring, oversight) partners on safeguarding.
- Demonstrated experience adapting organization-specific safeguarding content including training, policy, awareness raising and communications tools for use by organization partners.
- Experience or strong understanding of survivor-centered case management and investigations of safeguarding incidents
- Experience in knowledge management and learning to ensure findings in safeguarding influence practice in real-time.
- Strong experience developing accountability mechanisms, including community-based complaint mechanisms.
- Demonstrated experience building strong and equitable relationships with partner organizations.
- Experience in a training, facilitation or support role delivering content to diverse audiences on safeguarding or related subjects.
- Management or coordination experience with communities of practice, ideally experience supporting a COP or network of Safeguarding Focal Points
- Ability to provide technical solutions to implementing partners, remotely and on-site, for how to best apply safeguarding standards, best practices, and tools in the current emergency context.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam in Bangladesh, to act as key contributor to People, Culture and Organizational Development Team to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their Humanitarian/Development fields etc. We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. OR
For external applicants:
For internal applicants:
- Search for the vacancy using the reference number INT10030 to complete the online application process
- Ensure you submit your application before midnight (GMT) on the closing date 20 November 2023
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.