An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for the National Governing Body for angling in
England. The Angling Trust is recruiting a Salmon Angler Engagement Officer to support and
develop a network of regional salmon organisations in order to communicate the work of the
Missing Salmon Alliance.
We are looking for a passionate individual with a broad knowledge and understanding of salmon
and sea trout angling in the UK.
The successful candidate will be expected to be self-motivated, able to work under minimal
supervision and prepared to work occasional unsociable hours. The Salmon Angler Engagement
Officer will be responsible for delivering targeted objectives at a regional level within the
salmon and sea trout angling community.
The Angling Trust is the National Governing Body in England, representing fishing, one of the
country’s largest participation sports. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a mission is
to fight for fish, fishing and the environment, creating opportunities for all within society
to experience fishing in a healthy aquatic world. It is joined in a collaborative and
co-operative relationship with Fish Legal, a separate membership association using the law to
protect fish stocks and the rights of its members throughout the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support angling clubs and regional groups to help increase salmon angling participation in the UK.
- Communicate the work of the Missing Salmon Alliance to the salmon and sea trout angling community.
- Support the work of the Angling Trust’s Salmon & Sea Trout Advisory Group.
- Communication with and between Regional structures and Angling Trust / Missing Salmon Alliance staff.
- Communicate to the Missing Salmon Alliance views of the salmon and sea trout angling community.
- Regular travel to attend meetings.
- Management of volunteers.
- To update the organisation’s databases and liaise with external partners about the collation and transfer of relevant data.
- To be able to create and communicate through virtual means.
- To provide prompt, precise information and reports to the National Angler Engagement Manager.
- To produce reports of performance and achievement of targets in accordance with the schedule provided.
- To ensure that all activities comply with policies and procedures of the Angling Trust.
- To be willing to work outside normal office hours including some evening and weekend work when required to do so.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.