The Open University
£36,333 to £43,155 (plus MRP £8,000)
Please quote reference :
Permanent, Full Time post
Closing Date :
14 June, 2023 – 12:00
Change your career, change lives
The Open University is the UK’s largest university, a world leader in flexible part-time education combining a mission to widen access to higher education with research excellence, transforming lives through education.
The Chief Information Office (CIO) Portfolio bring trusted design, data and technology know-how to the delivery of lifelong learning.
CIOP are responsible for the digital information, systems and technologies used by staff and students across The Open University. Covering all aspects of digital technology at the OU, from sourcing and maintaining systems, through to providing frontline IT support for staff and students.
The Open University is recruiting a SAP Security Consultant.
Our internal OU title for this role is SAP Roles & Authorisation Administrator.
The post holder will be within a team of SAP technical experts responsible for supporting, maintaining, enhancing, troubleshooting, and resolving sap roles and authorization related issues with the University’s SAP landscape, which is in a mixed public/private Cloud configuration.
You will facilitate the innovation and development of the Open University’s digital transformation in roles and authorization aspects of the SAP landscape. Working with Architecture, Infrastructure, and other teams across IT to ensure best practice and process compliance across deliverables. As well as working with Project Management to own and drive project deliverables, ensuring that projects are delivered with adherence to agreed roles and authorization designs. Leading the process and capability improvement to ensure quality roles and authorization design and delivery across the University.
Skills and experience
- Degree level in a Computing and IT related subject or equivalent
- Good knowledge of SAP roles and authorization (R&A) and impact on business systems, creating and applying SAP R&A standards and best practice in IT delivery and demonstrate the full range of SAP R&A skills, from research and design, to post-implementation support
- Knowledge and experience of software engineering tools, practises, methods and standards including some of but not limited to Cloud IaaS and PaaS Services, infrastructure as code, continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Platform development and systems architecture leadership experience in large IT department, including substantial design experience of large or complex systems
- Experience working in At least 1 end-to-end Greenfield implementation for S/4 HANA, FIORI, ECC (Payroll) and BW.
- Experience in SAP release Upgrade Project.
- Good to have knowledge of SAP GRC and Transformation from ERP to S/4HANA, for future.
More information can be provided via a link to the Job Description
If you would like to discuss the application or recruitment process before making an application, please contact Gemma Sherriff-Jones at Resourcing Hub on 01908 655544 or g[email protected] quoting the reference VRF 20931.
What you get in return
We have a strong commitment to providing training and development in and beyond your current role. This includes thorough induction into the organisation and regular reviews of your training and development needs.
We also offer a great range of benefits that support our employees and their families for the long term. Staff Benefits include an attractive pension proposition and 33 days holiday per annum pro rata, plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure days.
How to apply
Unless otherwise stated in the advert, all applications are completed online via the instructions on The OU Job’s page. Applications submitted via 3rd party websites will not be received.
Access details for disabled applicants are available from the Resourcing Hub, telephone: 01908 655544, quoting the vacancy reference above.
To apply for this role please submit the following as one document;
- Personal statement, up to 1,000 words, you should set out in your statement why you’re interested in this role and provide examples of where your skills and experience meet the required competencies for this role as detailed in the job and person specification.
Please save your document with the following file name as appropriate to the vacancy you are applying for: 20931, surname, forename.
You will need to have your documents ready ahead of submitting the electronic application.
You will receive updates regarding your application from [email protected] . Please ensure this email address is added to your list of trusted senders so it does not go to your junk folder.
You can view your application communications on the Candidate portal .
Find out more about us and our mission by watching this short video (you will be taken to YouTube by clicking this link).
Closing date: 14th June 2023 – 12:00 (Noon)
The Open University is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which is reflected in our mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas. We aim to foster a diverse and inclusive environment so that all our staff can reach their potential and attract diverse candidates. We recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge, and culture, and that this difference brings great strength.
We offer a range of inclusive employment policies which include family and carer friendly flexible working arrangements and have many supportive staff networks and wellbeing services. We also endorse the principles of Athena SWAN, with commitment from all levels of the organisation in promoting gender equity. Our Staff Benefits page under Employment provides further links and information.
Job related information :
|SAP R&A Administrator (CIO) JD May 2023.docx||150.2 KB|
- Terms and Conditions – Academic Related Staff (PDF)
- Terms and Conditions – Academic Related Staff (Word document)
Posting Date :
25 May, 2023 – 17:45
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.