Oxford Brookes University
We are looking for a talented colleague to join the Quality & Validations team at Oxford Brookes Business School. As Senior Administrator (Quality) you will join an innovative team working to support the processes ensuring effective and efficient administration of quality related activity within the Business School.
This is a 12 month maternity cover post.
This post may be applied for as a secondment opportunity. Please approach your current line manager if you are considering applying.
- Be responsible for maintaining faculty quality enhancement communication and information including documentation, databases and web pages
- Service and manage faculty approval and internal and external review meetings, external quality audits and accreditations, and draft reports for these meetings as appropriate
You will also work with the Associate Dean Education & Student Experience, the Associate Dean Strategy & Development, and the Head Quality & Validations to:
- manage the administration of collaborative provision
- manage the administrative processes (appointments, tracking progress, reporting, training, etc.) for External Examiners
- manage and coordinate the annual schedule of programme approvals and reviews
- manage the quality administration processes for minor and major changes to programmes and programme closures
- Act as Secretary to Faculty QLIC and TLEC, including preparation of documentation, minuting of meetings as appropriate and follow up on actions.
You should have:
- Good standard of education to include English and Mathematics grade C or above at GCSE level
- Previous administrative experience, including minutes and report writing
- Excellent organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrable IT skills with the ability to use software packages appropriate to an office environment.
If you would like to learn more about this role please review the duties list and person specification.
We are committed to working in a hybrid way, so our expectation is the post holder will work on campus a minimum of 2 days per week.
The Business School attracts students from over 60 countries worldwide through a strong portfolio of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programmes. The Business School provides a vibrant and stimulating research and learning environment to equip people with the skills, knowledge, mind set and attributes to face new challenges and thrive in a complex, uncertain world.
There are currently over 150 academic staff in Oxford Brookes Business School supported by a comprehensive team of over 50 professional administrative staff. We are a committed and inclusive community embracing supportive challenge as a catalyst for change. This is a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work by prioritising the progression of equality, diversity and inclusion to shape tomorrow.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below.
CV and Personal Statement :
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
All interviews will be held on campus and a skills test will be included before the interview.
Closing date: 24th September 2023.
Interview date: 9th October 2023.
To email the post of Senior Administrator (Quality) to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.