Amazon’s vision is to be Earth’s most customer centric company. Originally known as an online bookseller, Amazon has dramatically expanded its range over the years both in terms of the products and services it sells and how and where it sells them. The growth of our international business (countries outside the USA) combined with increasingly complex tax legislation resulted in 2,000 plus indirect tax registrations in 75 countries making over 35,000 indirect tax-related filings each year.
Key job responsibilities
As Senior Business Analyst you are expected to support Indirect Tax Audits globally and work in support of Audit Readiness. As part of audit team responsibilities your responsibility would include
• Supporting indirect Tax team on Tax audit on daily basis
• Diving deep into the details to develop meaningful findings and provide required data
• Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
• Own end to end ‘Audit request’ case from gathering requirements to solutions ensuring deliverables within the deadline
• Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use
• Documenting processes, data flows etc
• Build partnership with Tax, Finance and Accounting customers
• BS degree in Accounting, Business, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst, statistical analysis, data engineering role within a technology environment
• 3+ years of experience within Tax/ Accounting /Finance
• Advanced proficiency in SQL, Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
• Proficiency with Alteryx
• Strong Analytical skills – has ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusion relevant to the business problem.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories.
• Excellent writing skills- experience in writing business documents, process flow, building flow-chart
• Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
• Ability to work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Experience in Managing people
• Knowledge of data management and modeling fundamentals and data storage principles
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.