King's College London
Job id: 067307. Salary: £58,664 – £82,089 per annum including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 15 May 2023. Closing date: 14 June 2023.
Business unit: Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences. Department: Centre for Dental Education.
Contact details:Professor Marie Therese Hosey. [email protected]
Location: King’s College Hospital NHS Trust at Denmark Hill Campus, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital NHS Trust Hospital at Guy’s Campus and at St Thomas’ Campus.. Category: Professional & Support Services.
This is an exciting opportunity for Senior clinical teacher to shape the experience and careers of post graduate paediatric dentists and researchers of the future and to join a dynamic team of clinicians and researchers both within paediatric dentistry and the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences, King’s College London
The role of the appointee is primarily to provide clinical support and supervision of post graduate specialist students in a paediatric dentistry, and as well as supervision of postgraduate research projects. As such, the post holder will also have a unique opportunity to engage in research within the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences as well as being expected to develop further within the role to take responsibility for, and lead on, school-wide roles.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
- Be responsible for the teaching, assessment, feedback, monitoring, and progress of postgraduate students under nominated supervision, in clinical practice relevant to the Department. The teaching may include seminars, tutorials, lectures, clinical skills teaching and clinical teaching with patients as well as providing pastoral support to students
- Be responsible for the clinical care and safety of patients being treated by students
- Be aware of and ensure the maintenance of all clinical guidelines and clinical governance procedures of the relevant NHS Foundation Trust
- To ensure students follow the clinical governance regulations and operating practice of the relevant NHS Foundation Trust
- To ensure research governance, especially regarding ethical approval, participant consent and data security
- To supervise taught postgraduate student projects and assist in research within dentistry through an established research group
- To participate in clinical services of the employing NHS Trust (GSTT or KCH) with the object of ensuring a high standard of patient care and contributing to service developments
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Qualifications and training
We anticipate that there will be an interview using remote software such as Microsoft teams to conduct an interview for shortlisted candidates on the weeks mid/end July
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.