Senior Conservation Ranger (Bromley – High Elms)
Job reference number: RAF0007509
Who are we looking for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Conservation Ranger to join our team based in
Bromley (High-Elms). You will be responsible for the delivery of strategic plans and the
day-to-day operational management of idverde’s Countryside team. Working closely with the
Conservation & Education Manager this is a critical role for the delivery of idverde’s
responsibilities to the London Borough of Bromley’s Countryside & Greenspaces. This is a
permanent role working 40-hours per week.
Who are we?
idverde is Europe’s leading provider of grounds maintenance services and landscape creation
projects, with an annual turnover of €700m and over 7,000 colleagues operating throughout the
UK, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland. We offer a holistic range of
services to support the creation, maintenance and management of landscapes throughout the UK,
working with both public and private sector clients to deliver bespoke solutions for each
project’s unique challenges.
As the UK’s top grounds maintenance and landscaping provider, idverde UK offers a broad range
of services. From professional open space management to landscape design and build, grounds
maintenance, tree surgery, civil engineering, outdoor facilities management, biodiversity
management, waterways management and much more.
- You will be responsible for the management of all countryside assets and ensuring that
idverde processes are followed. Accept responsibility and work collaboratively to achieve
results by participating in environmental tasks
- Communicate effectively, keep managers informed, and listen and ask questions to ensure
- Ensure that works carried out complies and focuses on the idverde Health & Safety and
- You will support the Countryside & Education Manager and wider contract team in
developing, mentoring and line managing a team of Conservation Rangers and Grounds Maintenance
Operatives, driving strong performance and providing constructive feedback
- Oversee the annual work plans of all sites, focusing on their biodiversity value, ensuring
the effective use of resources to meet the current objectives of the Council’s Park Strategy
and Biodiversity Plan
- Work areas to be assessed with integrity to ensure potential hazards are removed or
adequate control measures are in place to implement a safer working environment
- Proven leadership skills including team development, motivation and communication
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn responsibly for each task being undertaken
- Work to risk assessments and COSHH assessments
- Effectively implement the key financial aspects of the role including avoiding wastage to
control costs, utilising most efficient practises, taking responsibility for security, and
increasing productivity through innovation
- Experience of habitat management and species surveys are essential although further
training will be provided
- Relevant habitat management qualification with demonstrable experience in the
- A Full, valid UK driving license
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary of £35,000 per year
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme of 5% (employer matched)
- Refer a friend – £500 for every successful candidate employed
- Access to our Health and wellbeing support programme (EAP)
- Annual and monthly colleague recognition schemes with rewards to be won!
- Support to continually develop your knowledge, skills, and behaviours, and drive your
- A range of flexible benefits, including retail discounts, volunteering policies and
financial wellbeing support
- Plus, much more
Interested? For any further information or to apply, please submit your CV to [email protected].
Job reference number: RAF0007509
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.