Job Purpose and Background in summary
CDP’s Data Analytics Team are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic data analyst who is
passionate to use data to drive companies, investors, and governments to build a thriving
economy which works for people and planet.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors,
companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s
economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most
comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2022 more than 18,000 companies,
representing around 70% of the global market capitalization, and 1200 Cities, States and
Regions disclosed their environmental impact data through CDP. In 2021 we launched our new
five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change – find out more here. Visit cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Data Analytics Team
The role sits within the Data Analytic team which comprise of more than 20 analysts working
across CDP to deliver innovative analytical services and data products for Capital Markets,
Cities, States and Regions and Supply Chain clients as well as other internal and external
stakeholders. Along with the team you will help developing and delivering exciting analytical
projects as well new data products.
This role is responsible for the Capital Markets delivery team, which focuses on data products
and services that helps investors and banks make more sustainable investments within their
portfolios. These include CDP’s Full GHG dataset as well as Private Markets and SME emissions
modelling. In addition, you will attend Investor client meetings and support the Capital
Markets team with triaging data queries, and support internal and external stakeholders with
data and modelling specific queries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering and developing data products for Capital Markets clients. E.g., SME emissions
models, Carbon metric datasets and other climate related data products.
- Line Management for two Data Analysts
- Delivering Analytics and Insight for Capital Markets Team
- Extract, clean and deliver CDP questionnaire response data to internal and external
- Engaging with Capital Markets colleagues and investors, in the use of our data, data
products and make better decisions from them
- Supporting on other data analytical services/product projects across CDP.
Required/desired skills and experience:
- At least 3-4 years of applied data analysis experience using R/Python.
- Management experience – line-management and/or team management.
- Experience managing several projects/deliveries simultaneously.
- Experience with developing and applying statistical models.
- Extraordinary data cleaning and wrangling skills.
- Proven experience using relational databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server etc) and using
SQL to query databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent data visualization skills using Power BI or similar tools.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to convey complex methodology
and concepts to non-data experts in English.
- Great attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards.
Additional things we would be happy to see:
- Experience working with both ESG and financial data.
- Familiarity with GitHub or similar version control tools
- A good understanding of GHG accounting methods and sustainability data.
- An awareness of environmental issues, particularly as they relate to our core themes of
Climate Change, Deforestation and Water Security.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of the financial system and capital markets.
- Professional experience working within agile delivery teams.
This is a permanent, full-time role based either at the CDP office in London or the CDP office
in Berlin reporting, to the Head of Data Analytics.
Salary and benefits:
£44,000 – £49,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory
pension provision, Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development,
flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to permanently work legally in the United
Kingdom or Germany. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how
we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering
letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional
document setting out why you would like to work for CDP, how you meet the required skills and
experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two
pages. Candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.