King's College London
Job id: 078345. Salary: £61,896 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 07 November 2023. Closing date: 28 November 2023.
Business unit: Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine. Department: Bioscience Education.
Contact details:Helen Collins. [email protected]
Location: Guy’s Campus. Category: Academic & Teaching.
The Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine is seeking a motivated Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology Education. As the appointed candidate, you will be an enthusiastic educator with an outstanding record of excellence and the ability to inspire and innovate in higher education. The educational focus is predominantly undergraduate, although some postgraduate teaching may be required. You will be responsible for maintaining the quality of teaching across the programmes and providing peer support to sustain and develop high quality education and learning. You will provide academic and pastoral support to students and work closely with colleagues across the Faculty and university.
The post holder is responsible for enhancing the Programme content delivered by the Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics, through developing and running modules and facilitating their delivery, and contribute to the strategic vision of Pharmacology education within the Faculty’s School of Bioscience Education.
We encourage imaginative and interdisciplinary applicants with an extensive teaching profile and a demonstration of innovative approaches in pedagogy. A record of conference presentation and publication is expected, with some focus on teaching and learning.
We offer an inclusive workplace, and we are looking for an individual who will actively engage in evolving our welcoming, vibrant, and inspiring environment. A key part of our ethos is equality, with a dynamic and fulfilling culture for all and an emphasis on tackling under-representation of female and minority ethnic researchers in science.
The post requires a skilled educator with experience of undergraduate education in the field of Pharmacology. It is on the Academic Education Pathway, with up to 20% FTE committed to education-focused research, with the responsibilities broadly defined as being: i) teaching and student support; ii) leadership in teaching and curriculum development; iii) scholarship, knowledge exchange and impact; iv) esteem and recognition. The successful candidate will have the potential to build a national/international profile in learning and teaching research.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Delivery of excellence in high-quality education, helping to shape the future of Pharmacology education
- Duties will include module leadership roles
- Leadership in curriculum design and development
- Module design, modification and delivery. This includes preparatory work, teaching, set-up and marking of formative and summative assessments, and reassessments, including coursework, posters, scripts and research projects
- Taking responsibility for module evaluation. This includes internal and external promotions/marketing and student feedback
- Delivery of online provision including (i) assessments, demonstrating knowledge of software for this purpose (ii) development of on-line resources that will enhance and support the student experience
- Acting as personal tutor for students, providing pastoral care, helping students to meet the learning objectives, and resolving enquiries
- Undertake administration and leadership associated with teaching in higher education, including ensuring that quality assurance processes and timescales for delivery are met
- Undertake high quality pedagogical research
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
For further information or informal discussions please contact to Professor Helen Collins ([email protected] )
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.