Quants Environmental is a well-established ecological and arboricultural consultancy with a
diverse range of clients and interesting projects. We are especially active across the
beautiful landscapes of Yorkshire and the North of England and pride ourselves on developing
lasting client relationships and delivering a high-quality service.
The successful candidate will join our friendly team and will also benefit from the support of
our experienced and knowledgeable Directors. Quants has a great ‘Company Culture’, and we
understand the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
To complement our existing team, we are seeking an applied ecologist at established Senior, or
Senior progressing to Principal level. The new team member will be involved in all stages of
projects from tendering through to completion and will have the knowledge and experience to
manage projects of all sizes, some of which may be complex and technically challenging.
However, in-house technical support will always be on hand when needed. A broad and solid
foundation of terrestrial applied ecology is essential, with significant and continuing ‘boots
on the ground’ experience in habitat and faunal species fieldwork.
Our preferred candidate will have the desirable blend of sound technical knowledge, effective
communication skills and an excellent understanding of client requirements.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Degree in Ecology or a closely related subject
- Significant ecology consultancy work experience
- Associate/Full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental
Management (CIEEM), or eligibility for membership
- Broad and solid knowledge of terrestrial applied ecology
- Working knowledge of protected species surveys, mitigation and licensing
- Technical specialism, including one or more protected species licences (ideally for bats)
- Sound understanding of relevant UK industry standards, legislation, planning and policy
- Working knowledge of UKHab, BNG and the DEFRA Metric
- Personable nature with the ability to communicate effectively, build lasting relationships
with clients and work comfortably as part of the Quants team
- Ability to produce concise, high quality written reports, showing attention to detail and
an understanding of client need
- Ability to organise own diary and workload
- Line management experience of junior staff
A full UK driving licence with own car for work use and the Right to Work in the UK is
At Quants, we understand that our staff are our greatest asset, and we wholly support and
invest in the advancement of knowledge through Continuing Professional Development. Our
Directors are working ecologists and fully understand the challenges of the role, meaning our
staff are extremely well-supported in their work.
We offer 21 days’ annual holiday (plus bank holidays), paid professional memberships, a
contributory pension scheme, a generous mileage allowance and opportunities for flexible
Quants Environmental is proud to be a CIEEM Registered Practice and an Equal Opportunities
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter addressed to Andrew Westgarth (Managing
Director) to [email protected].
Your covering letter should provide further details about yourself and include information to
demonstrate your skills and experience in the areas identified.
Telephone enquiries are most welcome to: 01765 600 799 (Please ask for Andrew Westgarth).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.