University of Oxford
Senior Programme Manager – Student Experience Lead
Grade 7: £34,308 – £42,155per annum
Saïd Business School’s world-class flagship Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme attracts students from over 60 countries and builds on Oxford University’s rich legacy of developing leaders. The MBA programme provides students with a solid foundation in core business principles, broadens mindsets, and challenges students to delve deep into the areas that allow them to gain the strategic skills and insight to lead a successful, purposeful career. The MBA Programme Delivery team focuses on the academic delivery of the MBA programme along with coordinating and improving student experience leading a number of co-curriculum experiences outside of for the for credit academic degree.
Saïd Business School is recruiting for a Senior Programme Manager reporting to the Head of MBA Student Engagement. As Senior Programme Manager you will lead a small team and be directly responsible for aspects of the delivery of the MBA. You will provide direction, translating strategy into operational outcomes, motivating, and developing your team members and collaborating with partners and stakeholders internally (e.g., Admissions, Careers, Examinations, Student Welfare, Alumni Relations, Marketing and Executive Degrees and Executive Education) and externally (targeted Alumni, scholarship funders, Central Welfare and external sponsors of Student Projects and Internships in the public and private sectors).
A few of the key responsibilities:
• Responsible for programme delivery from induction through to programme completion, delivering an excellent, coordinated service that supports the student journey, meets the evolving needs of the School, and exceeds expectations. Champion the programme to a wide range of diverse audiences including current students in a variety of settings and maintain a positive and engaged relationship with students, faculty and other stakeholders.
• Actively manage student groups such as Student Council, class representatives and Oxford Business Networks (OBNs) and Student Clubs. Duties include conducting the representative/member election, providing advice and guidance to reps and overseeing any budget allocation and cost approval process, supporting social and extra-curricular events, along with innovating processes around Student groups. In managing groups it will manage the student event booking process and look to innovate this process with other stakeholders accordingly.
• Prepare, implement and monitor budgets for operational support relating to programme delivery, liaising closely with MBA Programme Directors, Finance dept. and relevant operational departments to ensure complementary budgeting and forecasting, as well as reconciliation of specific budget expenditure. The role requires regular negotiation, in conjunction with the Finance department, with internal and external suppliers to ensure fair tendering processes on large budget items and will work closely with Student officers who have some financial responsibility.
Further information on this role and how to apply can be found in the job description.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matters to us, so we offer a range of family friendly and financial benefits including:
• Flexible hybrid working
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
All applications must include a CV, Cover Letter/ Supporting Statement and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 13 March 2023 at 12 noon
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.