University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced researcher in applied robotic systems? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge as part of a world class robotics team? Do you want to design and create robotic systems that will change our lives?
As part of a £7.2M project to build swarms of small inspection robots to live within pipes, you will design, analyse, fabricate and test small robots (of size less than 40mm long) designed to inspect inside active pipes. As well as supporting project partners with hardware design, you will conduct pioneering work on innovative systems integration and fabrication for robotics.
Holding both a PhD and a Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics and Robotics, you will have experience in the design construction and testing of integrated miniature robots. You will become part of the world class infrastructure robotics group at the University of Leeds of over 20 academics, 10 post-doctoral researchers and more than 30 PhD students.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme plus life assurance– the University contributes 21.6% of salary.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Professor Robert Richardson, Director of the Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 2156 or email: [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: School of Mechanical Engineering
£43,414 to £51,805
Working Time: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Until 25 February 2025 due to grant funding)
Release Date: Wednesday 08 March 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 09 April 2023
To be confirmed
Downloads: Candidate Brief
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.