Liverpool John Moores University
£45,585 – £56,021 per annum
School of Education
The School of Education enjoys a strong reputation for its vibrant undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, along with exciting local, regional and international partnerships, research and sector-leading student opportunities and enrichment. Our Education and Early Childhood Studies programmes are well-established, offering a dynamic and relevant student experience. As a Senior Teaching Fellow, this is an exciting opportunity to join our forward-thinking tutor teams in contributing to excellence in teaching, learning and practice development for our students.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly committed Senior Teaching Fellow to join our Education and Early Childhood Studies Subject Area. Subject disciplines include Early Childhood, Primary Education, Special Educational Needs, Learning Development and Support and Education Studies, Education Policy and Leadership.
You will have:
- A PhD level or other equivalent qualification, or suitable level of experience, as appropriate to the discipline
- An HE teaching qualification or commitment to enrol and complete the LJMU PGCert in Academic Practice
- An honours degree, a masters level qualification, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research/scholarship which is reflected in the authorship of high-quality publications or other research outputs, including research collaborations
- A research informed understanding of good practice in Education and/or Early Childhood that enhances curriculum development and delivery
- Strong commitment to ensuring an outstanding student experience and outcomes
- Experience of teaching at undergraduate/postgraduate levels or delivering professional training
- A commitment to the pastoral support and successful academic achievements of students
- A clear understanding of how the outputs of scholarship and research or professional body engagement can inform curriculum development in order to enhance the learning experience of students
A track record of experience in primary education and/or early childhood settings is desirable.
This is your opportunity to be a key contributor to providing a high quality, exceptional and transformative educational experience with our students, and to be part of our continued development and growth. We believe that LJMU is an environment that will enable your successes to be recognised, celebrated and rewarded. You will join a team of staff with significant real-world experience and a range of research interests. If you are student-focused, enthusiastic and motivated, then LJMU is an excellent place to work.
The university has created a new academic career pathway for staff in academic roles. The structure focuses on career pathways, these being:
Academic , members of staff whose responsibilities encompass both discipline based research and teaching and learning
Academic, Teaching & Learning , members of staff whose responsibilities are primarily teaching-focused, including pedagogic research.
The new pathways have been designed to ensure that academic strengths whether in research, scholarship, teaching, the wider student experience, leadership or innovation and engagement, are all appropriately recognised, developed, valued, and rewarded.
They reflect parity in progression and reward in recognition of these contributions and they enable individuals to focus on and be supported in their professional development and practice during the course of their career.
*This post is offered as part of the Academic, Teaching and Learning pathway.
Informal enquiries may be made to Dr Graham Downes, [email protected] (EECS Subject Head, School of Education)
At LJMU, we value the benefits a rich and diverse workforce brings to our community and therefore welcome applications from all sections of society. The School of Education is currently under-represented with regards to staff from Black, Asian, and other global majority backgrounds. We welcome applications from all eligible applicants. LJMU values diversity and provides a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can fulfil their potential.
Please note all of our vacancies will be closed to applications at midnight on the advertised closing date, unless otherwise stated.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.