Insight Enterprises, Inc.
- Main Industry:
- Search Information Technology Jobs
- Other Industries & Skills:
- Purchasing & Supply Chain, Sales
- Insight Enterprises, Inc.
- Job ID:
- Posted On:
- 12 February 2024
The Services Development Executive is responsible and accountable for developing and nurturing IT services orientated relationships, across a portfolio of client accounts, to generate the demand for managed services aligned to Insight’s areas of expertise.
The Services Development Executive, in partnership with the Executive Account Manager or Executive Account Director/Strategic Account Manager, collaborateswith clients and a wide range of stakeholders cross-functionally to enable the client to successfully achieve their desired IT goals and outcomes, recognise Insight as the preferred ‘partner of choice’ for IT transformation, and ultimately enhance the overall maturity of business relationships between Insight and its clients in accordance with the client value layer model.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, manage and maintain IT services orientated business relationships, across a portfolio
of client accounts, and engage with clients through in-person activities to position Insight as the
preferred ‘partner of choice’.
• Develop and maintain the annual business plan for services growth, within the assigned
portfolio, to drive new business opportunities and secure recurring revenue streams based on
a deep understanding of key client needs and objectives.
• Identify opportunities to proactively cross-sell/up-sell Insight’s services and or solutions to
generate additional revenue streams and provide value-added services/solutions to the client.
• Be accountable for the achievement of services revenue and profit-based targets, also build
and maintain accurate reporting of the pipeline, forecast and activities.
• Contribute to strategic account plans for each client in the portfolio. Participate in progress
reviews and remain accountable for the progression of agreed activity and succession of
• Provide IT services and or sales expertise and guidance to clients to help them identify specific
business challenges and suggest/design solutions to address those challenges accordingly.
• Ensure deep qualification of client requirements and business outcomes to be able to shape
solutions and respond to client needs.
• Guide sales, and technical teammates, in supporting opportunities including mapping
RFI/RFP’s, scoping requirements, analysing commercials, constructing business cases, and
managing and or executing Customer Pilots/POC’s.
• Own and attend sales meetings for the designated area of responsibility. Build strong, robust
and meaningful client relationships throughout all aspects of the services sales cycle.
• Collaborate closely with stakeholders internally (within sales, technical pre-sales and TSG) to
create sales proposals, assist with drafting appropriate contractual documentation and closing
• Work closely with strategic services partners around pricing and quotes for clients whilst
maintaining relevant knowledge of all available solutions in the area of responsibility and or
• Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge and an in-depth, nuanced understanding of
technologies and or services, also disseminate this knowledge to sales teammates to ensure
they fully understand Insight’s offerings.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Previous experience of working in the IT industry and of driving growth in specialist areas of technology.
Demonstrates knowledge of modern business processes and trends, and the impact of leading-edge IT solutions.
Ability to quickly build rapport and develop strong relationships with clients and stakeholders to understand their business and challenges and credibly provide solutions.
Demonstrates a strong commitment to understanding and prioritising the needs of the client to tailor the appropriate solutions.
Extensive client facing sales experience, wins client confidence and delivers demonstrations with professional authority and ease.
Demonstrates a deep understanding of Insight’s solution offerings and Microsoft technologies.
Experience of working within a globally diverse environment, showing an understanding of and keen interest in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Experience of delivering discovery workshops, client immersion experiences, value calculators
and IT roadmaps.
Good understanding of technology, emerging technologies and the broader software market.
Ability to recognise both internal and external clients, also demonstrates the willingness to exploit a range of productive relationships to achieve business goals and objectives.
Demonstrates thought leadership, understands IT challenges, the needs of clients and how solutions and or services drive business value.
Demonstrates the ability to deal with ambiguity effectively and a high level of resilience when
dealing with setbacks and challenges.
Demonstrates knowledge of and existing networks with Insight’s major alliance partners.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.