Elan Valley Trust
Shepherd & Estate Worker
Salary: £22,000-£28,000, commensurate with experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Elan Estate, Elan Village, Rhayader, Powys, LD6 5HP
We are seeking an enthusiastic Shepherd and Estate Worker who can manage livestock in an upland
farm environment and fulfil a range of general estate maintenance tasks.
You will be responsible for the day to day shepherding of one of our hill holdings, and working
as part of a wider team you will support our other livestock enterprises and perform a range of
estate maintenance tasks.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in managing livestock (both sheep and cattle) in an upland environment
- A great team player
- Experienced in carrying out maintenance works (fencing, chainsaw and general “handyman”
- Adaptable and keen to support the wider ambitions of the Trust
- Join an experienced team in a great location
- 23 days annual leave rising to a maximum of 28) plus bank holidays
- Enhanced pension contributions
A Job pack is available from our website.
Closing Date: 12pm Monday 3rd April 2023
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.