2023-05840 – Software Engineer- data analysis/mining
Contract type :
Level of qualifications required :
Graduate degree or equivalent
Temporary scientific engineer
Level of experience :
From 3 to 5 years
About the research centre or Inria department
The Centre Inria de l’Université de Grenoble research center groups together almost 600 people in 22 research teams and 7 research support departments.
Staff is present on three campuses in Grenoble, in close collaboration with other research and higher education institutions (Université Grenoble Alpes, CNRS, CEA, INRAE, …), but also with key economic players in the area.
Centre Inria de l’Université Grenoble Alpe is active in the fields of high-performance computing, verification and embedded systems, modeling of the environment at multiple levels, and data science and artificial intelligence. The center is a top-level scientific institute with an extensive network of international collaborations in Europe and the rest of the world.
Context. eMob-Twin is a Prof-of-Concept project in relation with the Scale-FreeBack ERC Advanced Grant awarded to Carlos Canudas-de-Wit during 2016-22, and hosted by the CNRS. The project will be conducted within the DANCE research group (which is a joint CNRS (GIPSA-lab)-INRIA team). eMob-Twin is a digital twin for electromobility flexibility forecast. eMob-Twin will develop an enhanced multi-layer e‑mobility simulation tool driven by digital twin technology dealing with EVs of all kinds (private vehicles, fleets, and public transport), and the multi-power charging stations. eMob-Twin can be used by companies, stakeholders, and electricity markets for various purposes such as: forecasting e-flexibility, Optimal placement and power-capacity dimensioning of charging stations, assessing charging policies for EV users and energy markets, evaluation of charging strategies for ride-hailing fleet operators, studding the gird resiliency to an increase of EVs penetration rates, etc. Within ERC Scale-Freeback project we have developed a first version of this simulator specifically tailored to the Grenoble metropolitan area. The objective of the eMob-Twin in this project is to make this first platform transferable/adaptable to any other city/metropolis, with the possibility of intelligent parameter calibration via several data-mining novel mechanisms. Besides, we seek also to equipped the simulator with new features (toolboxes) and model improvements (models for driver behaviors) resulting from our theoretical research in electromobility. Finally, eMob-Twin will be equipped with an advanced Web Interface & Data Analysis modules displays the e-mobility network, making it easier for users to choose appropriate input parameters and see the computed results. The interface also enables users to study different scenarios using data-analysis tools. This development will be carried out together with the electromobility group constituted by two PhDs and two research engineers: one on the development of the new version of the eMob platform, which is the topic of this opening.
Job description. We are looking for a team player to fill the position of Software Engineer (SE) to support, organize, design and develop, the proof of concept eMob-Twin. In this context, you will integrate a team of researchers and engineers specialized in control systems with a large experience in modeling, prediction and control of traffic systems, and in particular in Electromobility. In particular your Job will be to redesign of the actual software (beta version) which has been tailored to the Grenoble metropolitan area, so that can be portable to any other geographical area and can be automatically calibrated from public sources and other open-source data used in the beta version of the model.
The job is divided in two main parts:
- Gathering, analyzing, and storing geospatial and public data according to the eMob objective
- Develop the software to automate this process
Specifically, the work will include
- Lead and coordinate the whole software development together with another web-based software engineer.
- Oversee the definition of a software modular architecture for the new platform
- Develop a portable and adaptable version of the software to any other city and geographic metropolitan area,
- Develop of the data analytic, and data mining engines to be able to automatize as much as possible the process of model calibration
- A native/near-native command of French (spoken and written).
- Proficiency in English (to be able to discuss with our international partners)
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines, and ability to work individually and in a team
- Subsidized meals
- Partial reimbursement of public transport costs
- Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT (statutory reduction in working hours) + possibility of exceptional leave (sick children, moving home, etc.)
- Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and flexible organization of working hours
- Professional equipment available (videoconferencing, loan of computer equipment, etc.)
- Social, cultural and sports events and activities
- Access to vocational training
- Social security coverage
From 2,652 € (depending on experience and qualifications).
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.