The Data Ingestion and Access team is responsible for Motional’s robust core processing pipeline, which manages the immense influx of petabytes of data from our autonomous vehicles. Situated at the crossroads of data-centric analysis and strategic decision-making, our team collaborates with an eclectic mix of departments. We aim to enhance automated metrics extraction, facilitate manual reviews of specific incidents, and support comprehensive ad-hoc analyses. With a global footprint, our team has an established presence in dynamic cities like Las Vegas and Singapore, alongside versatile remote operations.
What you’ll be doing
- As either an infrastructure generalist or specialist based on your interest and background, help us build the physical and AWS infrastructure necessary to process and curate petabytes of data.
- Improve cost efficiency, time efficiency, and reliability of processing.
- Establish and maintain robust inter-team interfaces and data abstractions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional machine learning, robotics, and data analysis teams to influence design for scalability, testability, flexibility, and cost efficiency.
- Work with motivated teammates in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The team’s project focuses include:
- Ingestion of raw autonomous vehicle data (LIDAR data, camera data, radar data, other diagnostic data, etc.),
- Building and improving AWS microservices,
- Interfacing with IT and Vehicle Engineering to optimize on-prem offloading infrastructure,
- Adding functionality and improving the reliability of internal Python SDK and REST APIs,
- Scaling the physical and cloud infrastructure 100x to support commercial operations growth, and
- Attaining 40%+ cost savings on processing.
What we’re looking for
- Strong Python skills and practices.
- AWS services and solutions experience (lambdas, step functions, s3, terraform, etc.).
- Experience developing large, high-scale cloud applications or related experience.
- Strong software design skills with an ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong sense of ownership: Drive projects from conception to production.
- Computer Science or related Bachelor’s or higher degree.
Bonus points (not required)
- Exemplary AWS cloud development experience or certifications.
- Machine learning and/or robotics experience.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making autonomous vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality. We’re driven by something more.
Our journey is always people first.
We aren’t just developing driverless cars; we’re creating safer roadways, more equitable transportation options, and making our communities better places to live, work, and connect. Our team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who are creating a technology with the potential to transform the way we move.
Higher purpose, greater impact.
We’re creating first-of-its-kind technology that will transform transportation. To do so successfully, we must design for everyone in our cities and on our roads. We believe in building a great place to work through a progressive, global culture that is diverse, inclusive, and ensures people feel valued at every level of the organization. Diversity helps us to see the world differently; it’s not only good for our business, it’s the right thing to do.
Scale up, not starting up.
Our team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s longest-standing public robotaxi fleet. We’re driven to scale; we’re moving towards commercialization of our technology, and we need team members who are ready to embrace change and challenges.
Formed as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.