Thermo Fisher Scientific
As a Software Technical Sales Specialist for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) division, the candidate will be responsible for selling the HistoTrac software to laboratories in Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. This sales position will be a remote-home based position with location in Europe. The role requires up to 25% overnight travel and the ability to travel internationally.
What will you do:
• Organize and conduct online demonstrations
• Demonstrate selling success in the HLA field through providing information on product capabilities and technical specifications, as well as HistoTrac product demonstrations that articulate the value proposition of our solutions
• Display an acute awareness of the HLA marketplace, particularly within the laboratory operations and data management, its trends, and our competitors
• Develop a sales opportunity funnel of new customers, expanded business and drive sales opportunities to close with a sense of urgency
• Use Salesforce.com to manage customer data, activities and opportunities
• Forecast revenue expectations for assigned projects to management
• Meet or exceed assigned sales targets
• Attend and participate in sales meetings, seminars, and trade shows
• Articulate verbally and in writing market and customer needs/business intelligence to proper internal functional teams to aid in product development or enhancements
• Bachelor’s degree in biology or related laboratory science field
• At least 5 years of lab experience conducting diagnostic testing in a Histocompatibility laboratory
• At least 3 years of hands-on experience using HistoTrac software
• Knowledge of solid organ and/or bone marrow transplant testing workflows and policies (UNOS/Eurotransplant and/or NMDP or other country Registries)
• Certification with the American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics as a Certified Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) or Certified Histocompatibility Specialist (CHS)
• Strong understanding of HLA laboratory testing workflow
Other Job Requirements
• Demonstrate experience and success in working in a team environment
• Display outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
• Effectively communicate and interact both orally and in writing in English, to management, customers (all levels of hospital, IT and lab staff), and distributors
• Take complex subjects and communicates the subject clearly and effectively to an audience of differing levels of familiarity
• Work effectively with minimal supervision and exercises independent discretion and judgment in execution of duties and decisions
• Exhibit exceptional planning, problem solving, organizational skills
• Has ability to manage a project with foresight and leadership
• Effectively multi-task responsibilities and activities
• Use critical thinking skills for decisive judgment to problem solve
• Ability to troubleshoot issues that arise outside of normal working hours
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: This position requires the candidate to be comfortable and effective in working out of a home-based office for remote employees and to travel, domestically and internationally (25%), mostly via commercial aircraft, to visit customers and TDX Headquarters.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.