As a member of the Engineering organization, the Product Analytics & Data Sciences team provides analytic support and a strategic perspective to the product and engineering teams to enable them to make evidence-based conclusions. We deliver actionable insights by collecting, organizing, and interpreting data about user journeys, product telemetry, incidents, infrastructure utilization, sales motions, and much more. We transform data into analytic assets by conducting exploratory analysis, identifying outliers, validating hypotheses, building statistical models, quantifying risk; communicating findings through well-crafted stories and critical recommendations.
As a Staff Product Analytics Engineer in the Product Analytics & Data Sciences team, you will play a key role in defining and building the analytic infrastructure that will enable strategic and tactical decision-making in a hyper-growth environment. As one of the most senior technical experts on the team, you will provide technical leadership to design, build and maintain a data ecosystem for analytic needs within the product and engineering organization. In this exciting role, in addition to defining and creating the analytic infrastructure, you will also need to facilitate data-informed discussions between stakeholders across the organization, through effective storytelling with meaningful insight.
The work you’ll do:
- Engage with stakeholders from product, engineering, and GTM teams to understand the analytic needs, identify the underlying data engineering requirements and help build the core technical foundations needed to support product analytics.
- Design, build and maintain resilient data infrastructure that gathers data from a variety of sources – cloud billing, product telemetry, and observability systems. Ensure the continuous and reliable flow of data needed to support all the product analytics activities.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to understand business requirements. Design and build analytic solutions that can deliver data-informed insights to stakeholders.
- Continuously engage in refining data engineering processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity through continuous audit and review
- Conduct in-depth analytic investigations to find answers to business questions or support making the case for product and/or engineering ideas
The qualifications you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a strong focus on Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science. Master’s or Ph.D. preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience as an Analytics Engineer / Data Engineer or similar, partnering with product, engineering, or growth teams at a SaaS or enterprise software company
- Experience with data engineering building analytic data repositories leveraging data sources from cloud billing, product telemetry, and observability systems
- Extensive experience with data repositories and business analytics preferably using cloud-based technologies.
- Hands-on experience working with multi-cloud setups across GCP, AWS, and Azure will be a huge plus.
- Outcome-oriented with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple goals while meeting deadlines.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working in agile teams using collaboration software like Jira or similar.
- Eager to work in a fast-growing organization with diverse and international teams spread across multiple locations
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- US: Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(k) matching, generous time off, family leave from day one, and more)
- Mental well-being support (LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program, mindfulness tools, virtual events, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued, and seen ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and more)
A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.