Queen's University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Student Experience & Communications Officer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering an effective engagement and communications strategy, creating and promoting a positive and exceptional experience for incoming and returning students.
This role will be key in helping deliver student priorities in Strategy 2030, including delivering a transformative student experience and supporting digital transformation. They will lead and manage the Student Experience marketing and communications activity, creating high quality content and innovate campaigns across all digital and non-digital platforms. This role will enhance student voice and partnership, connecting key audiences, building community and creating identity with the University and its services.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A degree in a relevant subject OR substantial experience in a similar role as outlined below:
- Significant recent relevant experience in a marketing / communications role to include experience in:
– Managing social media channels
– Designing promotional or learning materials
– CMS (content management system) and web authoring experience; and
- Experience of developing and delivering successful marketing and communication strategies.
- Experience of planning and delivering innovative and successful engagement campaigns.
- Experience of producing compelling content that drives audience engagement and encourages active participation with programmes and digital platforms.
- Experience analysing and interpreting data to inform decision making at a senior level.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This is a permanent full time position.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- This is primarily a campus-based role however flexible working is possible in collaboration with your line manager.
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity ; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Shauna Smyth via [email protected]
About the Directorate
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.