University of Glasgow
To work with the School of Education Student Experience Manager to coordinate, enable and deliver strategy/ operational initiatives to enhance the student experience across the School. Enhancement impact should be measurable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To support the planning, development and coordination of transition and retention activities, initiatives and events to enhance the student experience.
2. To support work on Student Voice to ensure students engage successfully and fully with schemes. Review student feedback and follow-up processes to improve attainment, success and overall student satisfaction.
3. Support the coordination of focus groups to identify any trends to suggest actions and interventions.
4. Liaise closely with the School and CoSS marketing team on communications (all channels) with students, to help foster a sense of community and promote engagement with activities such as the National Student Survey and key L&T Programmes (on-boarding process, welcome and orientation, Registration and Enrolment etc.).
5. Liaise with the CoSS Employability and Careers teams to promote awareness and develop a portfolio of tailored events to enrich the student experience at SoE.
6. Analyse, interrogate and report on data (NSS, QS rankings, Alumni etc…) to determine interventions to enhance the student experience.
7. Provide administrative support and coordination of activities and initiatives associated with the student experience.
8. Support with the coordination and delivery of student events running concurrently.
9. Assist with the delivery of a student communications (using social media and other appropriate channels) to help develop a sense of community and enrich the student experience.
10. Development and maintenance of website for Student Experience.
11. Undertake Continuing Professional Development to progress the role and to support the achievement of the University’s and School’s strategic aims.
12. To undertake any other relevant duties appropriate to the post/grade subsequently allocated by the Head of Professional Services and/or Student Experience Manager.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A1 Ability to demonstrate the competencies required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post having acquired the necessary knowledge and skills through personal development and progression in a similar related role(s).
Or: Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 8 (Scottish Vocational Qualification level 4, Higher National Diploma) or equivalent, and experience of personal development in a similar role.
A2 The ability to analyse data from multiple sources and make evidence-based, values-based recommendations incorporating prioritisation based on professional insight.
A3 The ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising the strategically important and drive these through to completion, including time & project management.
B1 Knowledge and understanding, including understanding of pedagogical/broader issues related to student experience and participation, including barriers to participation.
B2 An understanding of contemporary issues in the higher education sector.
B3 Evidence of personal commitment to continuous professional development.
B4 An understanding of the University structure, policies and procedures in the area of responsibility.
B5 Knowledge of the functionalities of Virtual Learning Environments [VLE], including Moodle, and other relevant online learning platforms.
C1 Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to use own initiative and exercise independent judgement under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
C2 Effective communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, to interact and collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders including diverse functional areas and cultures.
C3 Ability to quickly embrace and learn new concepts, techniques or methodologies.
C4 Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with absolute discretion.
C5 Ability to understand and apply policies, regulations, guidelines and standard operating procedures relevant to the role.
C6 Proficient user of Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook, Teams, Zoom, and similar online applications.
C7 Knowledge of T4 web Content Management System and using social media.
C8 Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively, supporting the team to deliver work to a high standard and within set timeframes.
C9 Strong analytical abilities to logically assess data and apply effective evidence- based approaches to decision making and process improvements.
C10 Proficient in presenting management information.
C11 Experience of events management with a proven track record of delivery
C12 Proven ability to successfully interact with diverse customer/ stakeholder groups to facilitate learning and skills development across an internationally and culturally diverse population.
C13 Personal style compatible and consistent with University Values and Glasgow Professional Behavioural Framework.
D1 Business partner relationship building
D2 An awareness of the expectations of students and an understanding of the need to manage these.
D3 Experience of communicating effectively through presentations to large groups
E1 Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating community building activities.
E2 Experience of successful project delivery
E3 Experience of working with customers/stakeholders as partners/ co-creators.
E4 Experience of supporting or running events such as seminars, workshops and dissemination events.
F1 Business partnering experience.
F2 Experience of supporting student retention, progression and transition.
F3 Supervisory/line management.
Terms and Conditions
Salary will be Grade 6, £30,502 – £34,308 per annum.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and open ended.
As part of Team UofG you will be a member of a world changing, inclusive community, which values ambition, excellence, integrity and curiosity.
As a valued member of our team, you can expect:
1 A warm welcoming and engaging organisational culture, where your talents are developed and nurtured, and success is celebrated and shared.
3 A flexible approach to working.
We believe that we can only reach our full potential through the talents of all. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our values. Applications are particularly welcome from across our communities and in particular people from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community, and other protected characteristics who are under-represented within the University. Read more on how the University promotes and embeds all aspects of equality and diversity within our community
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.