Oxford Brookes University
We are looking for a Test Analyst to join the Student Information Systems (SIS) Product Team at Oxford Brookes University.
This is an exciting opportunity that involves interesting and rewarding work in collaboration with staff from across the University, supporting critical services and working to consistently deliver improvements to the systems that underpin the entire student lifecycle.
You will be given information, support, and resources to familiarise yourself quickly with the requirements of the role and the current configuration of the solutions, but you will be expected to take your own initiative in identifying priorities and responding to competing demands.
This is a 1 year fixed term contract.
You will be:
- Analysing User Stories and other requirement documentation with stakeholders and designing comprehensive test plans.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and the IT development team to ensure clear communication and understanding of software requirements.
- Designing test cases, test scripts, and test data to effectively validate software functionality.
- Executing manual and automated tests to identify defects and ensure the software meets the specified business requirements using appropriate test techniques.
- Providing additional exploratory testing, which goes beyond the minimum specification of the story under test, considering business workflow, usability considerations, and other scenarios.
- Reporting Test Results and escalating defects to development team and product owners.
- Conducting analysis of testing results for the identification of positive and negative trends, potential root cause and provide recommendation to drive execution and manage risk.
Qualifications and Experience for the post:
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification in Software testing to practitioner level or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Experience of software testing as a test analyst, and a thorough understanding of risk-based testing.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- The ability to work effectively in a cross-organisation team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in both verbal and written communications.
- The ability to work within, and contribute to, a team environment and build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, users and colleagues.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills with proven capabilities in managing conflicting deadlines.
Interviews are expected to take place on 25th September 2023.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document ‘All about Brookes’ below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
To email the post of Student Records System Test Analyst to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.