University of Salford
A bit about Marketing, Recruitment and External Relations…
In the Directorate of Marketing, Recruitment and External Relations, we are responsible for the core range of activities that promote and engage with our external environment and stakeholders. This includes both prospective and current students, businesses and our local community. Made up of Marketing and Communications, Student Recruitment and Outreach and External Relations teams, we work together to plan and deliver key activities that support the University’s ambitions for growth, diversity and an increased profile.
The Student Recruitment and Outreach Team is a busy team whose core focus is the provision of information, advice and guidance to prospective students to help inform their decision-making about higher education. We work in partnership with a wide range of people across the University in the delivery of that information and guidance.
So, what will the role involve?
We’re looking for a committed and enthusiastic team member with a commitment to customer service, whose focus will be providing front-line support to our applicants and enquirers, responding to queries via email, live chat, telephone and on social media.
If you’re passionate about supporting students to make the right choice about higher education, flexible, adaptable, customer focused and have a keen eye for detail, then we want to hear from you. In addition to your core role, you’ll be involved in a range of other activities including open days, outbound recruitment events, outreach, applicant events and interviews, and confirmation and clearing. It’ll be a busy and varied role for the right person.
If you’ve got further questions, please contact Vikki McKay on [email protected] for an informal chat. When completing the application, please aim to address the key elements of the person specification via your application questions.
What’s in it for you? – the benefits
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave – plus the option to buy additional holiday days
- Flexible working – we support a culture of both flexible and agile working, to help you find the right balance
- Professional development – a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Wellbeing support –dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling, to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships
- Sustainable Salford – We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
However you identify, whatever your pathway has been to get here, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong – watch us in action here!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.