King's College London
Job id: 074805. Salary: £36,532 – £41,299 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 15 September 2023. Closing date: 05 October 2023.
Business unit: External Relations. Department: International Marketing.
Contact details:Stacey Fairweather. [email protected]
Location: Guy’s Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
We are seeking a Student Recruitment Officer to join our friendly Student Recruitment Team situated in the Brand and Marketing Department.
The purpose of this role is to attract the best and brightest to study at King’s College London. You will primarily be responsible for:
- Organising and delivering recruitment events both in the UK and overseas across our key markets
- Developing and delivering a suite of presentations and workshops for schools and colleges in the UK and overseas
- Developing and delivering online activity for prospective students in key markets
- Representing King’s at HE Fairs and other 3rd party events
- Hosting schools and colleges on King’s campuses
This is an exciting opportunity from someone looking to develop a career supporting students to make informed choices, and who wish to travel in the UK and overseas which could require anywhere up to 16 weeks per year.
We encourage applications from candidates who have experience from both within and outside of the Higher Education sector where they can demonstrate the skills needed to succeed in this role.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Represent King’s at UK and overseas education and recruitment events, as well as independently organised events for all study levels and courses (including Summer Schools, King’s International Foundations, UG, PG).
- Develop and deliver a suite of online and face-to-face activity for a range of markets.
- Develop thorough plans for recruitment trips and be responsible for delivering agreed activities on time and within budget.
- Organise campus tours and activity days for target schools and colleges.
- Assist with the organisation of high-profile visits to the university or key stakeholder visits to markets.
- Undertake up to 16 weeks travel per year, depending on the required activities. (This will usually focus on our key markets but could include anywhere in the world where the British Council and Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice allows if there is a university business need.)
- Monitor market trends and recommend developments for student recruitment activities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop effective working relationships with a range of external audiences, which may include partners, representatives, and professional organisations.
- Meaningfully contribute to Brand and Marketing projects, such as on open days and offer holder days, including working these weekend events as required.
- Regularly update the Brand & Marketing Department or the wider university community on student recruitment activity.
- Develop and manage positive relationships with a diverse network of stakeholders including prospective students, agents, schools, and universities as well as internal relationships across the university.
- Develop working relationships with teams across the university, including Admissions, Widening Participation, Student Outcomes, Summer Schools, Global Engagement and Study Abroad.
- You should be aware and sensitive to cultural differences that may exist in markets.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Please submit a personal statement when applying for this vacancy, clearly setting out how you meet the essential criteria, as this is how we shortlist applications. Learn more about how we recruit, including tips on writing your application and supporting statement on our website: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/applying .
Interviews will be held using Microsoft Teams and will consist of competency-based questions linked closely to the essential and desirable criteria mentioned here.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.