Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 39 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflict and natural disasters. In the UK, IRW has a partner whose main role is to raise funds, raise awareness, carry out advocacy and support domestic programmes: this partner is called Islamic Relief UK (IRUK).
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK) is actively recruiting for the position of ‘Community Fundraising Officer – London & South’ to be based from its Waterloo Office, London. The organisation is currently operating to a hybrid working model.
The purpose of the role is to support the Regional Community Fundraising Manager in fulfilling the organisational objectives of developing and optimising on community fundraising and volunteer initiatives.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Experience in establishing and developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate experience in project coordination i.e. events and campaigns
- Experience of organising and supervising events
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing volunteers
- Full UK Driving license
- Knowledge and understanding of the local region and community
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to motivate and manage volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong motivation and empathy towards the aims and objectives of the organisation
- Numerical skills, the ability to work accurately under pressure and pay attention to detail
- Ability to represent Islamic Relief in a wide range of situations
- IT literate with ability to use MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines, establish and maintain monitoring systems etc
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally, and at short notice.
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit:
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 05/12/2023.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer