University of London
View All Vacancies
Queen Mother Hospital
Hawkshead (nr Potters Bar, Herts)
£29,820 to £35,770
Per Annum Including London Weighting
Permanent / Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 08 October 2023
Tuesday 17 October 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for an RVN keen to develop their nursing career in caring for patients in the Surgery ward in a friendly multidisciplinary referral hospital. Working as part of a team of specialist clinicians, residents, interns, RVNs and Patient Care Assistants you will be involved in a range of interesting and challenging cases.
This position is ideal for an RVN keen to develop their nursing career and specialise in surgical nursing. You can expect hands on nursing of various surgical conditions covering Orthopaedic, Soft Tissue and Ophthalmology patients in the ward area. In addition, you will be involved in assisting the physiotherapy team with postoperative rehabilitation of Orthopaedic patients.
Referral nursing experience is not required as full specialist training and support will be provided.
Normal working hours will be 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday 15:00-23:00 with 1:4 weekends
We offer a generous reward package and benefits including:
- Competitive and attractive pension package
- Generous 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Access to free in-house CPD and funded external CPD
- A range of family friendly policies, including adoption, maternity and paternity pay and leave
- On site café and restaurant
- Free membership to the newly built Fitness and Wellbeing Centre located on site (gym, badminton, climbing wall, Zumba, yoga and Pilates classes included)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free mini-bus service to and from Potters Bar station and Hawkshead Campus
For further information before applying please contact Nadine Rogers, Head Surgery Ward RVN on [email protected]
We promote equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.