Field Studies Council
Tutor – Field Studies Council Epping Forest, Loughton, Essex
- Up to £24,840 per annum, dependent on experience + Benefits
- Fixed Term Contract 01 May 2023 to 31 December 2024
- 37.5 hours per week
- Accommodation available, on a chargeable basis
Love where you work!
At the Field Studies Council we promise to get people outdoors, provide high quality learning
and encourage positive wellbeing. We’re all about creating outdoor learning experiences and
opportunities that inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about
Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for
all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the
UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
What you’ll be doing
You will develop, plan, and deliver out-of-classroom learning activities to a wide-ranging
audience. Your day to day will involve leading groups of all abilities in the outdoor
environment whilst always ensuring the health and safety of the group.
This is an active role and will require the ability to be able to carry out duties associated
with effectively managing groups in outdoor learning locations. You will also contribute to all
other aspects of working in a busy education centre.
Please refer to the vacancy pack for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
Who we’re looking for
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both
independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills
and overcome new challenges
Where you’ll be based
FSC Epping Forest, is situated in the heart of Epping Forest, an area of around 2,400 hectares
of wood-pasture stretching from Manor Park in East London to just north of Epping in Essex. Two
thirds of the Forest have been designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and a
Special Area of Conservation (SAC).
The purpose built, fully accessible centre has six classrooms, and associated facilities, with
direct access into our teaching sites which include woodland, grassland, heath, and river.
As part of this position, you will occasionally be required to travel and work at our London
sites (the Royal Parks, Beckenham Place Park, Wanstead Park, Stratford and Kings Cross).
Sound like the role for you? Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
What we offer in return
- Holidays – pro rata of 28 days plus bank holidays (increases with length of service – up to
2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Staff discounts
- Accommodation can be provided on a chargeable basis
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Johanna Fritsch on Tel No. 0208 502
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on 26 March
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient
applications. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Epping Forest in the week
commencing 3 April 2023.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesin.eu) you saw this job posting.